A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri.

Author
glen
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 920
  • Reward points: 0
2010/12/04 05:39:15 (permalink)

A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri.

Thurs. Checked out the East side for a couple hours, didn't do much

Back towards home, water just a little off

Friday water was nice

Almost ready for the rest home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT4jkfSPDvk&feature=email

16 Replies Related Threads

Loopy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1437
    RE: A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri. 2010/12/04 07:43:52 (permalink)
    Looked like a super day to be out. Those old boys(I mean the fish) have been in there for awhile. Look like late winter fish.

<---  The Holy Trinity
    KJH807
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4863
    RE: A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri. 2010/12/04 07:55:40 (permalink)
    don't kno what some put in your coffee.. but a bob and glen smile back to back... nice!

bob- had a great hookup and fight on that yellow and white cone tube you gave me... thanks!

glen
    Expert Angler
    RE: A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri. 2010/12/04 08:15:16 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Loopy

Looked like a super day to be out. Those old boys(I mean the fish) have been in there for awhile. Look like late winter fish.

Suprised at hooking a half dozen chromers [finally a run?].
    Didn't land many for pics. Her's a video of one Bob caught and one Bob couldn't keep up with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvLcyVobS-o&feature=email
    post edited by glen - 2010/12/04 08:29:03
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3207
    RE: A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri. 2010/12/04 08:24:08 (permalink)
    nice catches glen. it's always nice to get weekdays in for solitude purposes. is there any big water erie rivers??? i heard maybe the cat has some bigger sections, but are there others? just askin for possible future trips...
    dano
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3030
    RE: A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri. 2010/12/04 10:03:38 (permalink)
    Glen,
    You and SteelieBob got it going.
    Finally,,Finally... got the van back after they soaked me for $1000 + towing charges.
    Been a while and got out Fri. and fished 4 miles upstream from Y'all. Thought the walk would do me good as I hadn't been up there since "05", before the accident. Took out the single hander and tested that new Nautilus reel.
    Surprised not to see a single angler on that final mile.
    Not a single dark fish all the way up to the concrete so I think the dark ones are dropback.
    Good number of bright males, though.
    Bob's black tube got a work out before the tube finally split up into the body.  
    Let me know when you guys get out. Got a big bag of polar fiber for Bob.
    dano
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3030
    RE: A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri. 2010/12/04 10:10:19 (permalink)
    Chrome,
    Catts blown and I'm not expecting it to be fishable for Dec. Lot of run off and clay mud.
    Everything else is quite a bit smaller than the SR.
    Lower Elk in PA is maybe 1/2 of Pineville.
    No big water till OH. Then you're in Steelietown.
    glen
    Expert Angler
    RE: A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri. 2010/12/04 10:57:02 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: anadromous

Coffee+Canadian Mist+ Vicadin= :)
    ORIGINAL: KJH807

don't kno what some put in your coffee.. but a bob and glen smile back to back... nice!

bob- had a great hookup and fight on that yellow and white cone tube you gave me... thanks!

As a matter of fact, Bob limped back to the truck, had a rum + coke to wash down a Vike, then zipped around like a 20 year old. He wanted to hike into some spot til I put a leash on him.

Dano, We will prob hold off a few days + hope the temp gets above 29. Plus everything will be too low til some snow melts unless Elk stays up a little. See me for the black tubes, I just got a dozen more from Bob. Hope he doesn't find out I'm selling them.
    post edited by glen - 2010/12/04 11:03:19
    6point7
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 964
    RE: A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri. 2010/12/04 11:41:40 (permalink)

Go Vikes! I just got dropped by a 5mm kidney stone suck tight and stopping up the works...Killed a buck monday and dragged him to the truck, two hours later Hooked to an IV an getting a stent in the kidney. I have wrecked my share of motocross bikes and taken some licks on the field and over all took some physical abuse...but a kidney stone reigns as the most painful event that I have ever had...My back, My Boyz, my stomach...it all hurt bad. Anyhoo...I got a spring loaded kidney until next week.. Then they can stick the stove pipe up my hootiekyster and take taht thing back out, mean while I got a boatload of Vikes to keep the pain at bay. It says DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL....

I was wondering what you've been up to lately...
    I guess that about sums it up.
    Glen, Bob, Cool stuff! Anadromous, Take care bud.

Photoshopped?
    post edited by 6point7 - 2010/12/04 11:43:48
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3207
    RE: A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri. 2010/12/04 11:52:13 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dano

Chrome,
    Catts blown and I'm not expecting it to be fishable for Dec. Lot of run off and clay mud.
    Everything else is quite a bit smaller than the SR.
    Lower Elk in PA is maybe 1/2 of Pineville.
    No big water till OH. Then you're in Steelietown.

thanks dano... i've heard a lot about ohio and michigan... good things to say the least. long distance for me though. would probably go pacific instead if i were to got hat distance; unless i somehow become a millionaire oneday... i've ehard a lot about elk. a lot of complaints honestly of lifters and sight fishers due to the small waters. thanks again tight lines, and nice catches glen
    Plum Bob
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 575
    RE: A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri. 2010/12/04 15:53:21 (permalink)
    Anad. sorry to hear about your stone trouble. My nephew went through the same thing last year. It aint funny.

Vike + rum/diet pepsi + a few hookups = happy. If I would have known I was going to pose for a portrait for Glen I wouldn't have left my teeth on the kitchen table.

Abstaining from alcohol wile taking vicodin for pain management is an old wive's tale. Just don't drive. Doesn't apply to me, Glen does the driving.
    fishbreath
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 115
    RE: A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri. 2010/12/04 17:28:16 (permalink)
    Wait a minute. Glen says you do the driving.
    steely34
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1280
    RE: A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri. 2010/12/04 18:18:11 (permalink)
    Great pics and video!!! Once again ....thanks for takin me back.

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it..... you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."

John Gierach

Bonezee77
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 41
    RE: A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri. 2010/12/04 18:53:56 (permalink)
    Glen and Bob, GREAT STUFF! You guys are my heroes!
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1376
    RE: A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri. 2010/12/04 19:52:48 (permalink)
    You guys rock. I am thinking of retiring and moving into your guest room.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    Loopy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1437
    RE: A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri. 2010/12/04 20:56:02 (permalink)

Go Vikes! I just got dropped by a 5mm kidney stone suck tight and stopping up the works...Killed a buck monday and dragged him to the truck, two hours later Hooked to an IV an getting a stent in the kidney. I have wrecked my share of motocross bikes and taken some licks on the field and over all took some physical abuse...but a kidney stone reigns as the most painful event that I have ever had...My back, My Boyz, my stomach...it all hurt bad. Anyhoo...I got a spring loaded kidney until next week.. Then they can stick the stove pipe up my hootiekyster and take taht thing back out, mean while I got a boatload of Vikes to keep the pain at bay. It says DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL....

Motocross bikes, kidney stones and vikes, and good fishing, we have too much in common Dennis.

<---  The Holy Trinity
    Kokanee Killer
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1015
    RE: A few pics and a video from Thurs. + Fri. 2010/12/04 21:10:30 (permalink)

Go Vikes!

GOD I HATE THE VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have become comfortably numb
    Jump to: