hey LDD...

Author
dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
  • Reward points: 0
2010/11/22 20:54:06 (permalink)

hey LDD...

since that thread went off track a little bit, when are you planning your trip in the spring? remember the spring is different every year. you can go to the pineville link and see the averages of water levels for every day of every year and get a basis of what to expect, but remeber it can always be different. atleast you have drifted the river once and know what 750 flow is. most likely though it was around 1000 to 1200 actual when you were there with run off and spill over... i don't know how broad your shoulders are or how big your balls are, but i wouldn't mess with anything over actual 1800 flow until you've drifted a few more times. but always check the pineville link rather than the waterline. there was a day this past summer where they were only running 1800 but actual flow was 5000 + with the run off... to say the least, use your best judgement and if the water looks scary to you, don't drift it. atleast you know the run down to pineville so you know what to expect. who knows, maybe you can handle 2000 + ;i'm sure you'll figure it out. for spring fishing rather than the water levels, it can be very hot and cold due to water levels temps but mostly from the SPAWN... i prefer to hit the fish from now right up until they start to hunker down and get horny. then i leave them alone for a few weeks and try to target dimebrites down low before they get back to the lake... pm me if you want...

p.s. if you can handle the elements of mother nature in the tug hill region, winter can produce some awesome fish to say the least... tight lines...

2 Replies Related Threads

LDD
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3138
    RE: hey LDD... 2010/11/27 15:58:49 (permalink)
    Thanks for that Dime...I really have no idea when I'll be up again just trying to get some insight.  Thanks for the info.  It's tough for me the next couple of months because I coach basketball, so I was thinking March possibly.  The only stretch I would be real concerned about is right below Ellis with all those trees etc... Does the Tressle get crazier the higher the water or does it flatten out some?  I know my home river some of the toughest water actually calms a bit when the flows get real high.  If I do make it up this winter I'll probably leave the boat at home and just wade.  Appreciate it...
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3207
    RE: hey LDD... 2010/11/27 19:42:20 (permalink)
    i lost a tip for a 10' 7 weight loomis i custom tied in those trees right below ellis while pontooning 1800. the water above trestle i wouldn't say calms above trestle in higher water... maybe the ride might smooth a little but it speeds up a bunch... good luck.
    Jump to: