So

Author
metalslayer
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 689
  • Reward points: 0
2010/11/18 16:43:07 (permalink)

So

My dumb arse didn't have a back up on the contacts for my phone and EVERYTHING got wiped---text me or pm the info so I can restore.

Steel on a pin---so easy a caveman can do it.

5 Replies Related Threads

draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1577
    RE: So 2010/11/18 23:53:56 (permalink)
    I'm no cell phone expert, so I'm curious - can you explain how you were able to wipe out every contact in it's memory - short of dropping it in a river or running it over with a truck...

metalslayer
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 689
    RE: So 2010/11/19 06:29:27 (permalink)
    The browser stopped working so I took it in to the store.The mgr was told by tech support step by step how to fix things (and was told everything would be saved).At least my pics were saved but lost all the contacts(cept google),and every app I had.

Steel on a pin---so easy a caveman can do it.
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3207
    RE: So 2010/11/19 07:28:40 (permalink)
    i have the droid myself metal... it makes my business life a lot easier
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1577
    RE: So 2010/11/20 14:33:48 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: metalslayer

The browser stopped working so I took it in to the store.The mgr was told by tech support step by step how to fix things (and was told everything would be saved).At least my pics were saved but lost all the contacts(cept google),and every app I had.

oh well, so much for expert assistance ehh?

the phone store should have given you a free upgrade to a new phone for your troubles.

I just have a basic cell phone - no camera, no texting, no interwebbery abilities. Just phone calls and I usually write important #'s down in my low-tech little book that folks used b4 cell phones.

I do have an air card for my laptop though, since I have to transmit data for business now & then when on the road. In theory I could use public WiFi spots but they are not secure and I don't patronize ghey stores like Starbucks that offer their caffee locha niche mocha prettyboy coffee)..

(I could use a cell phone with excel & word apps but I'm not too keen about going blind trying to work off a 2" x 3" screen)

later..

dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3207
    RE: So 2010/11/20 16:28:53 (permalink)
    different strokes for different folks drake... all of my friends have smart phones for fun, me i have one for work and it works well...
    Jump to: