2010/11/03 19:12:15 (permalink)

when the music's over...

... turn out the lights.............

22 Replies Related Threads

dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3207
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/03 19:17:25 (permalink)
    well, another salmon season has come and gone.... mine was over almost 2 months ago right before they started truning colors... i know theres a handful of steelhead guys on this forum. let's try to keep it alive....

p.s. there are no secrets on the salmon river, but let's not promote and encourage weekend warriors who are just looking at these posts to base there weekends from it. fish on...
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3107
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/03 20:36:07 (permalink)
    Hey dime- Right with the keep it going- Cant believe this place slowed down so much in the past week or so. Lots of fishing yet to be done, So many fish, so little time.
     Hope its not like the Kings in and out in a few weeks.
    post edited by retired guy - 2010/11/03 20:37:01
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/03 22:16:14 (permalink)
    definitely wont be like the kings retired... my expectations on average are moderate actions til beginning of may at this point. with some hot periods in between
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/03 22:26:02 (permalink)
    just a handful : Dreadul Wind And Rain :

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/03 22:50:54 (permalink)
    see that;tuna is living proof... right on...
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/04 00:27:45 (permalink)
    Nice fish. 

Lyrical
    uglyfish
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 561
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/04 07:15:15 (permalink)
    It's fun to catch the salmon but I live for the big browns or steelheads. Ever since I started fly fishing the river 5 or 6 years ago I now have a better understanding and love for the river. I no longer even bring a spinning rod on my trips.
    Steel
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 16
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/04 09:24:00 (permalink)
    For some of us the season is just starting... so let's keep the discussions going. I'm headed up this weekend with some buddies. So glad to hear that the salmon run is over and the crowds are thinning out. Each year we seem to push out our trip later and later. Hoping for a few nice days of pure Steel action. Has the leaf hatch finished yet ? Don't want to spend the few days we have raking leaves from the river. I hope we have timed it right.
    uglyfish
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 561
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/04 10:41:27 (permalink)
    For the most part the majority are down. Good luck and let me know how you make out.

bigbear2010
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 859
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/04 12:41:35 (permalink)
    leaves are done up there, but of course they are still stuck on every rock

time to go fishing :)
    Steel
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 16
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/04 13:32:18 (permalink)
    Nice. Cant wait to get there and wet a line. Are there any new rules/regs I should know about this year ?
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/04 13:42:59 (permalink)
    Very nice Tuna ... i hope to land my very 1st one ... and soon  !!!

BB
    RichW
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 66
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/04 19:41:09 (permalink)
    Comig up Sunday from NJ for 4 days  with the change of clocks.  Cannot Wait!    As Bluto Blutarsky said in Animal House, 
     "Where where you when the Germans bombed Pear Harbor? "

No motivation needed  with the rain today  the Salmon River - North and South Sandy should be on fire with Steel - Bows and Browns.
     Probobly one of the best weeks if the year.  If my Bills can beat da Bears in the Queens Country  that will be icing on the cake!

Do not hope to see any remnants from the night of the living dead salmon  circicling around my waders!

metalslayer
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 689
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/05 05:20:19 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: dimebrite

p.s. there are no secrets on the salmon river, but let's not promote and encourage weekend warriors who are just looking at these posts to base there weekends from it. fish on...
    Not really getting this? A "report" (few pics,went 10/300,ect.) with no info to help people is not a report.If all ya want to do is stroke yourself---stay in the shower.

Steel on a pin---so easy a caveman can do it.
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/05 16:24:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: metalslayer

ORIGINAL: dimebrite

Not really getting this? A "report" (few pics,went 10/300,ect.) with no info to help people is not a report.If all ya want to do is stroke yourself---stay in the shower.

what???? i don't think i reported anything here???? not really getting you on this one metal...the pictures aren't mine, i mentioned nothing about fish... to explain the quote of mine you highlighted; alot of people read these posts and don't comment because they just base their trips off of it... for me, i go when i want to... i don't rely on others and never have... in conclusion; all it takes is one report from a good fisherman and the following weekend there are 100 guys in sight that have no clue what they're doing, while maybe only or 3 guys are hooking fish ...

btw; i've heard you moaning in the shower form time to time...
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1577
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/05 17:39:10 (permalink)
    Luuucccyyyyyyy - weeze gotz uz a Soap on a rope Situation heerze..

Who's the snagger?

Who's the snaggee?

post edited by draketrutta - 2010/11/05 17:40:27
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/05 23:10:41 (permalink)
      Thats why I give reports. Stuff coming from a 50/50 guy on the river is probably what most guys will experience since most are one or two trip a year folks. Even though its a bit embarasing sometimes.
    I am  fortunate enough to have gotten out of the trip or two a year problem-last month spent 18 days on the river and can see the curve going the other way now. Reading reports from great fishermen on this site can really change most our "luck" -so keep it coming.
    The guys here seem always willing to share tips on tackle and how to entice a bite. Any "bragging rights" they have seem to be the justified results of experience and know how. I have diligently tried many of their tips - and they work.
      Now--if I could just get that shower stuff to work again- Retired Guy
    post edited by retired guy - 2010/11/05 23:19:06
    metalslayer
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 689
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/06 05:44:15 (permalink)
    The weekend warrior thing got me---WTF--we were all new once.I get as much enjoyment outta helping others catch fish these days---I even went so far as offering to help Salmo---lol

Steel on a pin---so easy a caveman can do it.
    ssgt12
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 155
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/06 12:44:58 (permalink)
    my brother and i were up on wed with my pastor and another guy seemed that i was the only on hooking up had a great day evertime i looked for one of the two others they were way down the river or up in the truck napping. only two other guys on the river and they were on the other side. felt bad for the newbees but you got to stay with the people who are hooking up. estez fly was doing the trick. all fish were released nice big steelees and a bunch of browns. going back up thurs and fri
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/06 20:07:04 (permalink)
    What estaz fly?

Lyrical
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/10 19:58:34 (permalink)
    hey metal, i do as well... i'm willing to help most even bankside as long as they don't jump in my pocket or have an attitude. i've just been a little disheartened lately due to the changes you see bankside. yes, there were always a holes, but there is a large movement of either snobs, or a holes who don't know what the hell their doing... i knopw people are going to comment as if it's always been this way, but take a good look around; in my opinion it hasn't... i was a young boy fishing this river when i started; but i always sensed or recognized the nonsense... and it seems to be a lot more these days. i've always been one to strike a conversation with a stranger bankside, but these days, after being snubbed or shot dwon every other time i try, i find myself refraining from the act... this is where i'm coming from...and the people jumping in your spot while you chase a fish down river... come on now... this is where i'm coming from... and let's face it, it's forums and webpages like this that make it worse every year...
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    RE: when the music's over... 2010/11/10 21:05:30 (permalink)
    Dime hit it just right. There are some nice guys and some bums. We always seem to point out the bums cause they mess up our fishing but we tend not to report all the decent guys you meet on the river.  Just like the news on TV always the bad stuff and rarely the good. I'm guilty too.
    Have met a lot of good guys while walking and watching between fishing. I'd like to think they are the majority.
       Was talking with 2 other steel  guys last week and  snaggers were chasing the late Kings past us. Then the snaggers came by (still chasing) and were very friendly. They offered the locations of the Kings they had just seen upriver. Maybee its the way we catch our fish that leads us to get p***ed at some of these guys. Maybee they just just dont get it. I'm way past trying to educate them though.
    post edited by retired guy - 2010/11/10 22:02:42
    Jump to: