Thanks

Author
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points: 0
2010/11/02 16:43:13 (permalink)

Thanks

A big thanks to all the contributors on this board for your willingness to share your knowledge about the Salmon River.  I just got back from my trip to the SR on Sunday and Monday and was able to navigate the Altmar to Pineville section in my driftboat with no problems and my son (7) caught his first Steelhead, unassisted.
We didn't slam 'em but we had a big learning curve to overcome and we learned a lot and had a good time. Thanks again guys, your info. was spot on.  Needless to say,  I felt a lot better coming around the corner and seeing the Tressle pool run and already knowing what I was going to do.  The SR is an amazing resource and I plan to be back as soon!
  Tight Lines,
Josh

4 Replies Related Threads

3fan
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 668
    RE: Thanks 2010/11/02 17:46:28 (permalink)
    Glad you had a good time, my daughter is 6 and has been down the salmon and deleware with me many times. great memories, teach him how to row young, then you get to sit up front when your pluggin.
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3207
    RE: Thanks 2010/11/02 18:12:05 (permalink)
    you dont even have to teach him i bet,if hes 7 and got his first steel, hes hooked... give it some time and he'll be teaching you... my son is only 3 and hes already been down with me... i'm very happy for you lld, theres no better thing for a kid than fishing...
    LDD
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3138
    RE: Thanks 2010/11/02 20:41:38 (permalink)
    Yeah, we didn't even get to the wires and he was an "expert"  ... in his mind at least...lol!

I know one thing I'll never do, take a driftboat down through there during the height of salmon season.  Holy hell, I can't imagine having to deal with that every day, judging by the things hanging from the trees, it looks like it can get pretty interesting.   
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3207
    RE: Thanks 2010/11/03 06:54:37 (permalink)
    i don't attempt the river in salmon season up there by boat or bank period... it's ridiculous. many people complain about the steelhead pressure also, but i don't see why... there's enough water for everyone, and at times in the winter months especially during weekdays; solitude or near solitude can be found. just 2 weeks ago i fished about a half mile stretch and there were only maybe 20 guys in sight. thats not my preference, but i can manage... especially when about every 10 yards theres a nook or cranny that can hold a few steel here and there... never over look the in between water when theres a lot of guys especialy... the fish tend to go where people aren't...
    Jump to: