Kinzua Gauge

Author
mohawksyd
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 854
  • Reward points: 0
2010/10/19 01:14:07 (permalink)

Kinzua Gauge

Is this an abberency, or did they stop releasing, or did someone stick a toothpick in the gauge?

"For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught...but what he has caught when he has caught no fish." - John H. Bradley

4 Replies Related Threads

ubertracker
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 120
    RE: Kinzua Gauge 2010/10/19 08:40:13 (permalink)
    Actually no. Last night I was with the fish commission and they were doing a fish sampling. The water was drawn down for a brief period so they could retrieve their numerous temperature gages from the bottom of the river. Once they were all retrieved, they resumed the normal flow.
    mohawksyd
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 854
    RE: Kinzua Gauge 2010/10/19 09:59:05 (permalink)
    For a minute there it looked like my wallet when the wife says, "I feel sad..."

How'd you make out last night? Saving us a few browns, I hope.

"For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught...but what he has caught when he has caught no fish." - John H. Bradley

ubertracker
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 120
    RE: Kinzua Gauge 2010/10/20 10:09:34 (permalink)
    Oh there are plenty of browns in there including the ones I have caught. I have released all so they are still swimming around somewhere getting bigger and able to be caught by someone else possibly.
    nw/jigmaster
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 395
    RE: Kinzua Gauge 2010/10/29 10:10:35 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: ubertracker

Actually no. Last night I was with the fish commission and they were doing a fish sampling. The water was drawn down for a brief period so they could retrieve their numerous temperature gages from the bottom of the river. Once they were all retrieved, they resumed the normal flow.
    have been privelaged to see this happen @ woodcock dam myself..got to see some really nice fish in the spillway as the water calmed.
    Jump to: