something wierd in this deer

Author
startinout
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 342
  • Reward points: 0
2010/10/14 22:28:18 (permalink)

something wierd in this deer

So my dad got his buck this evening and called me to help drag it out.  When I got there and found it, I offered to gut it for him and noticed what I thought was a tick that was so full of blood that it was the size of a stinkbug.  I got that creepy crawly feeling but thought nothing of it.  We got it home and noticed a few more on it's ears so decided to skin it and get them the hell out of there.  When my dad cut the rack off, he found the same type of bug inside it's brain.  What the hell could this be and should I tell him to contact the PGC or something?  Any suggestions?

5 Replies Related Threads

mohawksyd
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 854
    RE: something wierd in this deer 2010/10/14 23:23:22 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: startinout
    When my dad cut the rack off, he found the same type of bug inside it's brain.  What the hell could this be and should I tell him to contact the PGC or something?  Any suggestions?

I would certainly call the PGC. Too creepy not to discuss with a biologist. JMO

"For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught...but what he has caught when he has caught no fish." - John H. Bradley

MuskyMastr
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3032
    RE: something wierd in this deer 2010/10/15 06:00:21 (permalink)
    pics man, pics...

Better too far back, than too far forward.
    jkrunningdeer
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 252
    RE: something wierd in this deer 2010/10/15 08:48:59 (permalink)
    it was probably a tick that hitched a ride on you, your dad, or the deer it self and as you were cutting the rack off it fell onto the brain, JMO wouldn't hurt to contact someone who is an expert.
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3350
    RE: something wierd in this deer 2010/10/15 10:03:30 (permalink)
      Did he decapitate the head before removing the antlers?? Them fat chubby blood suckin' creepy crawlers were all over the inside of the kids deer last season.

U ready to go fish yet?? The action has been none stop this week u noe/. Get a bucket/cooler ov chubs, suckers, darters, minnies & shiners & come on up.

crappy
    World Famous
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2213
    RE: something wierd in this deer 2010/10/16 19:19:27 (permalink)
    It is a tick, just full.
    Jump to: