Good morning hunt

Author
Noplacelikehome
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 774
  • Reward points: 0
2010/10/13 10:52:41 (permalink)

Good morning hunt

While driving to my spot I saw a nice BB about 80lbs hit on the road(1 driveway from my parking spot!). He had only a head -neck wound and was still warm. Not wanting to let it go to waste I drug it into the ditch and thought I would pick it up at the end of my hunt. Great morning, had a fat 5 pt walk 3 yards from my stand. Man I hope I don't regret that. My wife was p@#@ off. You don't eat the $#$# antlers!!!  Also jumped 2 deer on my way out. Saw a bunch of new rubs. So I drive down where the deer was and its  - gone!!  I think the garbage truck took it. Was the only vehicle I heard stop nearby. I hope they didn't throw it out. Heading back out tonight to sit in the oaks. Good Luck!!!

1 Reply Related Threads

bassboatbill
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1194
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Good morning hunt 2010/10/13 12:02:14 (permalink)
    i was out till dark yesterday...lots of new sign but nothing walked by...then this morning on my drive to work i go past the patch of woods i hunt...out come a beautiful 8 pt...stops inches from the grill of my truck..and walked away...i wasnt but 300 yrds from my stand...he was high and every bit of 18"...man i hope my sons gets a shot at him!

Reputation is made in a moment.......Character is built in a lifetime

Jump to: