attn steel guys

Author
dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
  • Reward points: 0
2010/10/06 10:43:49 (permalink)

attn steel guys

The water temp is in mid 50s. Can't wait til these ugly black and green sharks are out of the way. I prefer my fish silver or red/pink...Fish on....

16 Replies Related Threads

draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1577
    RE: attn steel guys 2010/10/06 15:13:33 (permalink)
    Fortunately, the water is chocolate milk colored and will probably remain well stained through most of October.

Lots of cover for the real biters to hide from the polarized fishhead bangers....

waDerboy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1910
    RE: attn steel guys 2010/10/06 15:29:14 (permalink)
    Blind snagging needs zero visability.
    metalslayer
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 689
    RE: attn steel guys 2010/10/06 16:12:18 (permalink)
    Quite a few trouts in there today---enough to target if you fish em diff.

Steel on a pin---so easy a caveman can do it.
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: attn steel guys 2010/10/06 16:15:37 (permalink)
    Hopefully chunks of dislodged river debris floating by will minimaze the blind snagging efforts until the mudsharks turn into stinking heaps of mashed potatoes.

Ever step on one of them in the middle of November?

They make a really cool mushroom cloud....  

3fan
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 668
    RE: attn steel guys 2010/10/06 18:52:07 (permalink)
    Was there today checking the situation out before I take some clients down this weekend, pure chocolate milk. I dont care who you are or if the hook is in the mouth, there is no way to present the brightest color fly or sack or lure when the water is that color and get a honest strike. Im gonna try to change their dates because of the color of water, not so much the flow. On a different note anyone heading up go to the hatchery, forget the ladder and walk the stream, I havent seen those number of fish in that little stream since I was 15, standing on the culvert out by the road you can see 3 thousand fish easily, yes the creek is only 15 or so feet wide and maybe you can see 50 yards down but brother there isint an empty space, you cant see the bottom.  3 boys for every girl, you can see a big hen and there will be 3 males right behind her, very cool stuff, gonna be a buch of natural spawners returning in a few years.
    metalslayer
    Expert Angler
    RE: attn steel guys 2010/10/06 19:02:28 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: 3fan

I dont care who you are or if the hook is in the mouth, there is no way to present the brightest color fly or sack or lure when the water is that color and get a honest strike.
    Yeah--OK

draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: attn steel guys 2010/10/06 20:24:23 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: metalslayer

ORIGINAL: 3fan

I dont care who you are or if the hook is in the mouth, there is no way to present the brightest color fly or sack or lure when the water is that color and get a honest strike.
    Yeah--OK

The non-mudshark variety of fish still have to eat.

Eggs sacs and nightwalkers and other scenty treats will entice a bite, so the current conditions would probably favor the bait chuckers...

One thing for sure, line weight is a non-issue in choco-milk, the fishes will never see it coming as it swings across their faces. Spey fishers and the near bank trawlers rejoice !!!

draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: attn steel guys 2010/10/06 20:30:59 (permalink)
    p.s. - hey Metal - love your signature...

how about this one:

"No Man is an Island. unless he constantly stands on the same rock he bought via a DSR pass..."

metalslayer
    Expert Angler
    RE: attn steel guys 2010/10/06 20:49:24 (permalink)
    That would be great--if it were true---ANYONE who's fished w/ me knows that I bounce around quite a bit---even for the sharks---funny thing is--it seems that only pinners get into this holier than thou all knowing mentality---all while trying to convince the world that catching fish w/ a bobber is some form of dark art.

SpeyFreak
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: attn steel guys 2010/10/06 21:26:08 (permalink)

That would be great--if it were true---ANYONE who's fished w/ me knows that I bounce around quite a bit---even for the sharks---funny thing is--it seems that only pinners get into this holier than thou all knowing mentality---all while trying to convince the world that catching fish w/ a bobber is some form of dark art.

---funny thing is--it seems that only pinners get into this holier than thou all knowing mentality---all while trying to convince the world that catching fish w/ a bobber is some form of dark art.
    Yeah. What's up with that? I have been turned off of pinning for the last few years because of that.
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: attn steel guys 2010/10/06 21:46:46 (permalink)

lighten up Francis,,, it was a joke...

One good thing about this site, is that you won't see anyone bashing a specific method of fishing.

Pinnin is o.k. - I do it in the really cold months when a fly rod turns to popsicle in a matter of minutes.
    Gotta admit - it is a deadly method for getting a primo drift.
    I'd rather fly fish, but in temps below 20, it's not always feasible. 

Just like everything else, it all depends how the guys act on the water.
    I would not act like an ignorant jerk and let my float ride 70 yards downstream to disturb others.

It's funny how things transpire. When the pin craze exploded a few short years ago, it was like a rebirth for many - as a means to escape the "perceived" Orvis Clad pipe smoker personna of overpriced fly flickers.

But, I think I'm looked down upon when I fish with my mid-priced set-up by some of the pinners with their $500 custom designed wheels and $600 float rods..

Wassup with dat? 
    post edited by draketrutta - 2010/10/06 21:55:54
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: attn steel guys 2010/10/07 09:02:29 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: draketrutta

Fortunately, the water is chocolate milk colored and will probably remain well stained through most of October.

Lots of cover for the real biters to hide from the polarized fishhead bangers....

Good because I was done salmon fishing 3 weeks ago. Like I said I cAnt wait for the green monsters and their followers to disappear...
    waDerboy
    Pro Angler
    RE: attn steel guys 2010/10/07 16:59:32 (permalink)
    Me likie da green monsters. Droppin dem eggses ebrywheres. Its da fowlks dat chases dem I don't likes so much. 
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3107
    RE: attn steel guys 2010/10/07 23:18:06 (permalink)
    I remember when I was like the green monsters--swim upstream through flood and mud and people trying to stop me- then fight off the other guys for my chance---ahhhh the old days (sob)
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: attn steel guys 2010/10/08 09:36:14 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: waDerboy

Me likie da green monsters. Droppin dem eggses ebrywheres. Its da fowlks dat chases dem I don't likes so much. 

Me likiez demz too, but when they are silver...once the green and black starts shining through I mostly leave demzes alonez
    waDerboy
    Pro Angler
    RE: attn steel guys 2010/10/08 10:44:48 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dimebrite

ORIGINAL: waDerboy

Me likiez demz too, but when they are silver...once the green and black starts shining through I mostly leave demzes alonez

Me tu.

Ones day ben drugged outta da ribber day canet spuw no mo eggses. Me reelie likie da flashie silver dat lodes up down ribber ta gorge on dem eggses.
    Jump to: