Yough river

Author
Lundman76
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 126
  • Reward points: 0
2010/10/05 08:36:27 (permalink)

Yough river

I'm going camping at River's Edge Campground this weekend it is located right on the Yough River near Connelsville. Never fished there before I have heard it is good for smallmouths but what other kind of fish are in there? If anyone else has fished this section before let me know what other types of fish I can target.

Thanks, Tim

3 Replies Related Threads

Timachro
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1339
    RE: Yough river 2010/10/05 17:20:49 (permalink)
    If you are camping at Rivers Edge you need to have good ear plugs to sleep. The trains run about every hr during the night right across the river.

Fishing is pretty good in that area. nice largemouth and smallies. Also good for decent size carp.
    flyingmoles
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 494
    RE: Yough river 2010/10/06 06:41:09 (permalink)
    there's some pretty nice drum and channel cats in the area too. with the weather we're having it might not be a bad idea to take some trout fishing stuff along.
    definitely take ear plugs and sleeping pills. no matter where you set up camp along there you will be within spitting distance of every train that passes.
    tigercat
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 196
    RE: Yough river 2010/10/27 14:27:25 (permalink)
    How did you're trip go Tim.I've fished both sides of the river from South Connellsvile to Dawson.Great stretch for just about anything.They pull an occasional muskie out of the campgrounds area even.The rivers been way low and clear this year,haven't heard many good reports this year since spring.
    ORIGINAL: Lundman76

I'm going camping at River's Edge Campground this weekend it is located right on the Yough River near Connelsville. Never fished there before I have heard it is good for smallmouths but what other kind of fish are in there? If anyone else has fished this section before let me know what other types of fish I can target.

Thanks, Tim

Jump to: