Backyard Pinnin' - Pics

Author
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3834
  • Reward points: 0
2010/09/25 16:37:00 (permalink)

Backyard Pinnin' - Pics

Well, today was such a beautiful day even though they were calling for a major cold front and I cancelled a "hoped for" muskie trip to Chautauqua. Anyway, I decided to take the pin out and some left over crawlers I've been feeding since our last walleye trip in Erie. Went right down the road to a new, for me, spot on the Beaver River just to venture around a bit. Fished some faster runs at first, nothing but chubs, so I started to seek out some slower/deeper runs. While walking down stream, I spot a carp bottom feeding and cast in its vacinity...WHAM! I wasn't expecting that thing to hit that crawler so quickly and I was hardly ready! When I reeled up the slack, I let him have it...it ran all around taking line like nobody's business and took me right into a big log pile. Of course, it got all wrapped up! My first nice carp on the pin and it was soon to be history. I reeled up the slack, layed my rod down and started pulling on the line. I could feel the line slipping through a log just waiting for it to snap. I pulled the fish all the way up to the log when all of the sudden it started spinning and actually got itself untangled...."Unreal!" I thought. I quickly grabbed up the rod and started reeling up the slack quick. By this time, the fish was out in the middle of the river.....I put side pressure on him as he was trying to get back into the logs again. Finally landed him with frays all up my line for about 25'. One of the best fights I've had on the pin! Took some pics with my phone (hence the mediocre shots) and let her go. Moved down river a bit and hit a nice run holding a bunch of smallies. For just a quick few hours of fishing, I had myself a ball. And I mean myself since there was not another soul anywhere to be seen. I'll be taking the boy down to my new found spot tomorrow! Hopefully we can make more memories then.

6 Replies Related Threads

woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8500
    RE: Backyard Pinnin' - Pics 2010/09/26 08:57:05 (permalink)
    That had to be a nice fight. Old rubber lips had some shoulders.lol
    Nice smallies too. The yougin will have fun. Thanks for sharing. :)

tommybanzai
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 609
    RE: Backyard Pinnin' - Pics 2010/09/26 09:56:58 (permalink)
    AWESOME!!!! Thanks for sharing that story. What kind of line you running on your pin?
    ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    RE: Backyard Pinnin' - Pics 2010/09/26 10:06:58 (permalink)
    tommy, I'm running 12# Sufix Siege...strong stuff! 8# Sufix Flouro, and NO, I'm not a Sufix spokesman! LOL
    papinner
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1083
    RE: Backyard Pinnin' - Pics 2010/09/26 10:16:38 (permalink)
    Nice pics and story. How do you like that suffix I'm thinking its time to try out some new lines this year.
    Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    RE: Backyard Pinnin' - Pics 2010/09/26 10:48:05 (permalink)
    Sounds like a great way to pass the afternoon! Congrats on the nice carp... beautiful stretch of water to have in your 'backyard'!  I'm jealous!
    ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    RE: Backyard Pinnin' - Pics 2010/09/26 16:58:15 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: papinner

Nice pics and story. How do you like that suffix I'm thinking its time to try out some new lines this year.

So far, I like it Scott. It seems to have very little memory and very abrassive resistance. I was surprised to land that carp the other day.
    Jump to: