Author
JEB
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2248
  • Reward points: 0
2010/09/23 15:28:09 (permalink)

Minnow Bucket ?

Can anybody help ?
I am looking for a small floating minnow bucket, just like the regular yellow/white or white/orange kind, but only smaller for wading.
I have tried leech totes and the quick minnow kind, but does anybody manufacture a mini size of the regular style ?
Thanks,
Jeb

6 Replies Related Threads

ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: Minnow Bucket ? 2010/09/23 15:38:53 (permalink)
    I'm assuming you want one that you can just put in the water as you wade and it replenishes itself with fresh water? If this is correct, try drilling a bunch of 1/8" or less holes in the top of your "quick minnow" style and it should keep your minnows nice and lively. Never saw the kind your thinking of in a smaller version.
    JEB
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2248
    RE: Minnow Bucket ? 2010/09/24 10:58:52 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ShutUpNFish

I'm assuming you want one that you can just put in the water as you wade and it replenishes itself with fresh water? If this is correct, try drilling a bunch of 1/8" or less holes in the top of your "quick minnow" style and it should keep your minnows nice and lively. Never saw the kind your thinking of in a smaller version.

Thanks, I thought of that, but still wouldhave to pour out the water and it get all over me sometimes.
    I can't beleive no one has manufactured one in a smaller version. I think they would sell like crazy>
    jon_e_si
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Minnow Bucket ? 2010/09/25 07:59:22 (permalink)
    FISHUSA:

Quick Minnow
    Your Price: $14.95
    Product
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8511

Frabill 1062 Galvanized Wade Bucket - 2 Quart
    Frabill 1062 Galvanized Wade Bucket - 2 Quart: A classic favorite for wading, stream angling and pond jumping. Compact flask shape holds two full quarts of water or worm bedding. Generations choose it for minnows, worms, crayfish and more. Snap-on shoulder strap Lid snaps in/out for easy one-handed access Tough galvanized steel construction C apacity: 2 Qt.
    $14.00

mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2549
    RE: Minnow Bucket ? 2010/09/25 15:28:52 (permalink)
    Not exactly what you are looking for but, it's FREE get a hold of a plastic instant coffee jar, they come in different sizes, then drill a small hole in the center of the lid,along with several around the perimeter of the lid. In the middle hole insert an eye type screw with a nut attached under the lid & attach a lenght of cord that you then sling over your shoulder. The wide mouth of these jars make it easy to get a minnow & simple to refill as neccesary. You can put a small stone in the jar to keep upright. No prob. to empty & refill it without loosing everthing. We have even tried lowering it with a few minnows into a hole drilled through the ice as an attractant, but the results were inconclusive. sam
    hiclassHilbilly
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1052
    RE: Minnow Bucket ? 2010/09/25 23:54:40 (permalink)
    I like MrCrappie's idea. I have also used empty Parmesian Cheese containers. Drill a hole in the lid, put a rope through and knot the end. Keep the 'sifting' end open to refresh water and open the 'pour' side to dump out the minnows.

"A Homewood man led police on an hourlong car chase that ended with a crash injuring three officers.

"The car was driving itself," Wright said. "The car has a GPS. It's a Lincoln Navigator. They drive themselves. I wasn't running nowhere."
    Jump to: