salmon river

Author
pkods
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points: 0
2010/09/08 21:57:41 (permalink)

salmon river

Hello and thanks to all you seasoned fisherman that have given me some great info on the sr and dsr over the past 3 yrs finally decided to join the forum i have been fishing the SR for 26 yrs feel the same way about as most of you do. I live at the jersey shore but nothing can compare to this time of the year when i step out the door and feel that cool air for the fiest time, my body goes into a different mode from now till i come up there in oct. boy thats a long wait but was never let down. In 26yrs Im sure there is still plenty of places i still have not fished but between the lower and uuper part of the river i keep quite busy. would like to try the middle of the river but do not know where to go. me and my 2 friend and my son witch i have been bringing up since he was 10yrs old he is now 22 safe to say hes hooked and most of the time out fishes us old timers. we usually come up for 2 week end in sept and 1 week in october. i would like to start fishing for chromes alot more but need way more advise on this subject any advise would be great. thanks for all the info again. paul kods

5 Replies Related Threads

Charlie_1
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 110
    RE: salmon river 2010/09/09 20:30:38 (permalink)
    I will be going up the week of the 18th and I know what your talking about when are u going up

pkods
    New Angler
    RE: salmon river 2010/09/09 22:18:32 (permalink)
    thanks for the reply we have been being goin up there on the 11th oct to the following sunday. always had a good time we like to fish the dsr but a couple of years we could not because of the water height. we also like all of the tribs black river, and if we have to oswego dont get me wrong we are avid fisheman and fish with flyrods and flys and really love when they hit the fly its unbielieveable. usually the first couple days i get my fill of salmon hopefully and the i like to target chrome , and browns after that you said you go up on the 18th of what oct or sept thanks again Pkods
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: salmon river 2010/09/10 08:36:37 (permalink)
    I fish the same as I do for Trouts at home, just a little heavier tippet & rod.

Lyrical
    pkods
    New Angler
    RE: salmon river 2010/09/10 20:36:51 (permalink)
    thanks as do i wonderin if you know how many of the guys on the forum are season pass holders at the DSR or is that a bad question! thanks for the reply
    chartist
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 925
    RE: salmon river 2010/09/11 08:03:00 (permalink)
    I plan to be on the DSR this Tuesday and Wednesday....Concerned I might still be a week early....Not a season DSR pass holder as I live to far away to make that work.....I am planning to use a Sage Z Axis 7 weight switch rod but I am bringing an 8 weight along as well....I see there's rain in the forecast for Sunday and Tuesday so I am hoping the lower end sees a burst of fish.....
    Jump to: