REDUCED RECOIL AMMO

Author
pikepredator2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 953
  • Reward points: 0
2010/09/06 18:33:44 (permalink)

REDUCED RECOIL AMMO

Been researching these reduced recoil loads from Remington and Federal. Reviews on 4 or 5 sites are all positive, but most of these users are reporting on shooting at targets, sighting in, etc. Read only 5 reports out of them all on game taking, 4 positve and one really negative. Anyone have any experience with these loads on game? My 12 yr. old grandson started shooting his .270 yesterday for the first time. He handled the recoil ok at first but after a while it gets to us all. I had him dress in the coat he'll be wearing this year with a padded vest underneath and this must have worked because his shot placement was unreal. Would rather not have him even think about recoil at all tho when and if he comes down on his first deer this year. The Rem. ammo I'm looking at has a 115 gr. bullet and retains a velocity of 2000 fps at 100 yds. His longest shot from our stand would be 85 yds. so I'm not too concerned but would like to know if anyone else has tried this ammo for their kids.

1 Reply Related Threads

Claypool313
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 449
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: REDUCED RECOIL AMMO 2010/09/07 19:02:35 (permalink)
    Sorry, no direct experience with any reduced recoil ammo, but if they put the Core-lokt bullets in them, you could do a lot better.
    Jump to: