Raystown panfish

Author
loaftech
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 269
  • Reward points: 0
2010/08/11 15:43:04 (permalink)

Raystown panfish

hey guys, I posted this in the south central forum but no response I dont think that it gets much traffic over there.  We are heading to raystown this weekend for a camping trip and some of my buddies want to have a fish fry on saterday night.  we are camping on the south end of the lake and are looking to get into some crappie,bluegill,perch etc..   I pretty much just bass fish and steelhead fish so I have not a clue how to go about catching these tasty critters or what depth they will be in this time of year.

Thanks!

2 Replies Related Threads

Porktown
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 9693
    RE: Raystown panfish 2010/08/11 15:55:07 (permalink)
    I'd personally focus on deeper submerged structure / edge of creek channels or shade side of weed beds.  Might get some action towards the shore, in the morning and evening.  Minnows would be my choice for crappie and perch.  Wax worms for the gills.  Slip bobbers for all, so you can adjust your height, and cast if they are more than 3' down...  Good luck, sounds like fun regardless.
    Traillblazer
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 164
    RE: Raystown panfish 2010/08/12 11:24:27 (permalink)
    lots of structure sticking out of the water as well as laying under the water in the south end of the lake. after storms this is where all the debris is deposited from the juniata. Sounds like you will be at Heritage Cove or the resort. I never ventured down to Heritage by boat because of it being a very long stretch of no wake, but you should do good. Bobber and nightcrawlers did well for me with the perch and blue gills and even managed to pull in a largemouth earlier this summer.
    Jump to: