Yellow Creek Lake?

Author
Lickenchivers
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 116
  • Reward points: 0
2010/08/10 09:47:49 (permalink)

Yellow Creek Lake?

Anyone been fishing or catching here, just put the camper up there and planing on spending some time on the lake.

"Wait till the taxidermy man sees what I brung him"

8 Replies Related Threads

Chris Johnson
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 321
    RE: Yellow Creek Lake? 2010/08/26 06:31:55 (permalink)
    I was up there for a few days and caught a couple pike. They were slighly larger than a hammer handle.

Bigpikeguy
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 95
    RE: Yellow Creek Lake? 2010/08/26 08:50:19 (permalink)
    Im gonna be heading out this sunday with my boat 8-29. I havent been there in a year and i dont really know weather i should target bass or pike lol. i dont know this lake really well and is seems everytime i fish it i dont do so good. anyone got any decent spots for me to try? I can go to Glendale and pound them, but send me to yellow creek and i dont do so good. O well hopefully i will do better this trip.
    Chris Johnson
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 321
    RE: Yellow Creek Lake? 2010/08/26 11:49:53 (permalink)
    This was only my second time there, have yet to catch a bass. I caught two pike in the mouth of McFeather's Cove from shore with sunfish as bait. A few more, from the canoe, south/opposite McF's Cove while throwing and trolling spoons. They were all about the same size or smaller than above. We spent three days in the cabins, ... very nice facilities, A+.

My youngest crushed the bass at Dragonfly Pond.

Good Luck
    riverrunsthrume
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 27
    RE: Yellow Creek Lake? 2010/08/26 12:46:43 (permalink)
    I have always fished this during the hard water season and caught Pike on mostly large shiners.  Once in a while an occasional bass on shiners too.  Off the beach several hundred yards there is a 12' deep channnel that runs partalell to the beach.  I have never been skunked there.  I really enjoy the lake.

RiverRunsThruMe
    Everyone has to believe in something, I believe I will go fishing.
    Kokanee Killer
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1015
    RE: Yellow Creek Lake? 2010/08/26 22:08:02 (permalink)
    the blue army have been hammerin it as of late

I have become comfortably numb
    jimhalupka
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1058
    RE: Yellow Creek Lake? 2010/08/26 22:39:20 (permalink)
    fish the pads near grandma and grandpa's coves for large bucketmouths and the actual inlets for average pike... my best pike  from YC was 34'' with most in the lower 20's.  There are a few musky swimming around.  Renting a canoe is the best thing you can do.  If you are at the actual campground, continue down the hill until you see the lake; I've found this is the best cove for pike. 

If all else fails, you can toss some bread in the spillway and catch some monster carp.  Good luck, and welcome to Brush Valley, haha.
    post edited by jimhalupka - 2010/08/26 22:42:41

"Sure, we can assiduously three-quarter our wets downstream, mend and wait out each fly swing, over and over again, which to my way of thinking, anyway, relegates the angler to the role, not of nemesis as it should be, but of butler."

-Art Lee
    Bigpikeguy
    Novice Angler
    RE: Yellow Creek Lake? 2010/08/27 09:18:50 (permalink)
    Thanks for all the tips guys! Im def gonna run some cranks through that channel off the beach to see if i can pick anything up there and then ill poke around at the coves you guys mentioned. My wife is originaly from Brush valley so i feel quite welcome there lol. Any who the heck are the blue army? Amish? anyway ill take my camera along and hopefully i will have something to show you guys. wish me luck
    Bigpikeguy
    Novice Angler
    RE: Yellow Creek Lake? 2010/08/30 09:49:38 (permalink)
    Well guys i fished hard all sunday and did not catch a think lol. I felt really bad untill i was back at the boat launch and talked to a few other guys that said they got skunked to. I gave it all i had. I fishe deep and shallow, slow and fast. Not a nibble. The surface temp on my fishfinder was reading 73 so it looks like the water is starting to cool off a bit. Once it his 65 game on boys!!!!
    Jump to: