Reports page why headboats?

Author
Lamdingo
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2010/07/30 19:05:01 (permalink)

Reports page why headboats?

It used to be a fisherman could come to the fish erie reports page and get good, current info on whats going on on the lake.  Location, depth, bait(s), speeds.  Lately, it seems a guy pays 29$ to have someone hold his hand, give him a boat ride, and now they're the expert and feel obligated to proclaim the virtues of perchology and do so in some chummy 'Ole pointer--- (insert stupidism here) fashion. 

Can the EJ people please encourage the EJ owners to include a reports page on their web site?  God knows there will be enough people willing to maintain it!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't produce location, you ain't producing reports.  You're only sayin " I caught a fish".  hardly a useful report.

22 Replies Related Threads

sig220e
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 287
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/07/30 19:14:24 (permalink)
    Wow.....

Look for truth inwardly, not outwardly.

B. Lee

Good sense is the master of human life.

beeverfishing
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 75
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/07/30 19:30:11 (permalink)
    I can see where you are comming from....Totally understand what you are saying.... What happened to the good old days when a person could have their "hand held" for free !!.. Just give me the GPS coordinates, tell me how deep, how fast, what bait / lure..and Please don't forget the best color...
    Just kidding of course..But kind of ironic isn't it..
    post edited by beeverfishing - 2010/07/30 19:44:45
    **commander**
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4216
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/07/30 19:49:31 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: sig220e

Wow.....

like looking in your mirror, eh. just sayin'

"I'm sick of all the fairytale stories of how this is destiny and how the saints have rebuilt new orleans.Sorry but you can write the script anyway you want but the actors(sean payton and crew)do not have the talent to step on the stage."---Logan Wade
    nwpaconcours
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 41
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/07/30 20:49:14 (permalink)
    Geez, nice first post. Thanks for contributing. 
    sig220e
    Expert Angler
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/07/30 20:49:46 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: **commander**

ORIGINAL: sig220e

Wow.....

like looking in your mirror, eh. just sayin'

uh...no...You gonna keep following me around like a puppy dog?  No one else to play with? 

B. Lee

**commander**
    Pro Angler
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/07/30 21:02:06 (permalink)
    dont be so sensitive. just sayin'

"I'm sick of all the fairytale stories of how this is destiny and how the saints have rebuilt new orleans.Sorry but you can write the script anyway you want but the actors(sean payton and crew)do not have the talent to step on the stage."---Logan Wade
    sig220e
    Expert Angler
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/07/30 21:11:31 (permalink)
    <click>   Nothing left but the sound of the crickets....not sayin' - just did - true dat.

lol

B. Lee

**commander**
    Pro Angler
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/07/30 21:14:58 (permalink)
    dont be so sensitive. just sayin'

PymieCaster
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 88
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/08/01 08:03:02 (permalink)
    Hey Lam just sit back enjoy the ride welcome to the maddness
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/08/01 08:50:16 (permalink)
    Don't feed the Bears....

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

no-time
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 150
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/08/01 09:00:10 (permalink)
    send the bear away,
    KilDux
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 60
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/08/04 08:07:46 (permalink)
    If a guy tells you how fast he was going, which direction, what lures he used, what color they were, how he presented them, how many fish he got, and whether he was shallow or deep and you still can't catch fish...  SPEND LESS TIME LOOKING FOR FISH ON THE INTERNET!  Go find them yourself or talk to guys you are friends with who have been ON THE WATER instead of their computer.  If I find a hot pod of fish with no boats around and post it on the internet, next time I go there I will have to put up with everyone from Pittsburgh and their mother all on top of my spot.  Take the info you get and explore.  Half of the fun is figuring it out yourself.  By the way, we crushed 'em the last few weeks in @#%@#$^ feet of water %$*^!$ miles west of #@%#@.  We were using Reef Runners on boards.  Hope this helps and good luck.   
    BIGSLICK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1867
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/08/04 08:47:47 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: KilDux
     By the way, we crushed 'em the last few weeks in @#%@#$^ feet of water %$*^!$ miles west of #@%#@.  We were using Reef Runners on boards.  Hope this helps and good luck.   

Duud, I know exactly where that is...Thanks for the info...See you there!!!!  

Too many sheep there for me......With big red rockets stickin out of them...

BorgCollective
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 186
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/08/04 08:54:58 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Lamdingo

It used to be a fisherman could come to the fish erie reports page and get good, current info on whats going on on the lake.  Location, depth, bait(s), speeds.  Lately, it seems a guy pays 29$ to have someone hold his hand, give him a boat ride, and now they're the expert and feel obligated to proclaim the virtues of perchology and do so in some chummy 'Ole pointer--- (insert stupidism here) fashion. 

Can the EJ people please encourage the EJ owners to include a reports page on their web site?  God knows there will be enough people willing to maintain it!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't produce location, you ain't producing reports.  You're only sayin " I caught a fish".  hardly a useful report.

"it used to be" - how can you say that?
    This is your first post, how do you know how it "used to be"?

Become a part of the board, be interactive, contribute once in a while and QUIT LURKING and WHINING about how IT USED TO BE. - Then maybe, just maybe someone will be willing to befriend you and share their hard earned location knowledge with you!

Yes, we are still here!
    bird dog
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 524
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/08/04 10:13:40 (permalink)
    +1
    kingnuke32
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1863
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/08/04 10:27:22 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: BorgCollective

ORIGINAL: Lamdingo

"it used to be" - how can you say that?
    This is your first post, how do you know how it "used to be"?

Become a part of the board, be interactive, contribute once in a while and QUIT LURKING and WHINING about how IT USED TO BE. - Then maybe, just maybe someone will be willing to befriend you and share their hard earned location knowledge with you!

Good post, lurkers are why i stopped posting reports. If a contributing member of this site needs info I give it to em and thats the way it is, but posting the info for every yinzer to see just ain't gonna happen no more.
    Blowchowski
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 577
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/08/04 10:28:42 (permalink)
    LOL.  I lurked here for a couple of years before I joined.

I'd be curious to see how many hits that reports page gets on a weekly basis.  I see just a few people posting reports and I'm doing my part to share what I've learned from the reports over the years.  I can't tell you how many trips I burned a bunch of gas for one or two fish in the early years, sure its frustrating and I can see the OP's point.  The info was very valuable to me, including speeds, colors and locations.  It was pretty funny out there on Sunday, most of the boats were in the same couple of square miles.  I wonder how everyone ended up there?  From reports.  This site isn't the only place for info, there's good stuff on OGF, and for the Conneaut guys, Jacks phone update is pretty good, most current info information.

As far as a report and learning something, the bears info says "look for the red boat" to the guy with a boat wanting perch.  It seems to be a magnet.  just look at the reports that say "we sat next to the red boat"

I also understand why guys are so secretive about their successes.  It does take time to find them and figure them out, and with that said, time IS $ when you factor in gas, equipment and -->making the wife happy!

My hats off to the guys like Buckets for doing the reporting they do.  There's no shortage of fish in the lake and they're there for everybody. 

I love cats. I just can't eat a whole one..
    bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/08/04 11:29:51 (permalink)
    "and -->making the wife happy!"

Ok Duud, spill the beans, I want location, depth, speed, lure, color... come on, help a brother out...
    KilDux
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 60
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/08/04 11:36:12 (permalink)
    Slick,

I thought you were after the big red rocket?  How bout that pic of the stud thunder pumper Greg snagged!  Had to put the whole operation into neutral over a giant sheep!
    bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/08/04 11:38:53 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bulldog1

Ok Duud, spill the beans, I want location, depth, speed, lure, color... come on, help a brother out...

Wait, if you gave me all that info, would it be a G-spot burn?
    Blowchowski
    Expert Angler
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/08/04 16:52:48 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bulldog1

Ok, I'll help a brother out.  I got a lead...  Well actually a couple.

http://sanduskybaybargeparty.com/Welcome.html

I'm off from the 20th until the end of the month.  Are you up for some trolling in the western basin?

Blowchowski
    Expert Angler
    RE: Reports page why headboats? 2010/08/04 17:13:33 (permalink)
    Hey Glenn,  Heard the best color out there is Ben Franklin.  

Jump to: