maybe the catfish are still alive

Author
hiclassHilbilly
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1052
  • Reward points: 0
2010/07/19 19:07:50 (permalink)

maybe the catfish are still alive

It has been since last year since I had a good day catfishing, but I roughed them up today. I went for about an hour (12:30-1:30pm) and was smashing them, in the middle of the afternoon.

5 landed and multiple lost. Several times my sinker never got to the bottom of the river before a fish was on.

Chicken livers that were in the fridge for 4 weeks was the ticket. haha they were pretty ripe on the top layer.

pics to follow if anyone wants to see them.

"A Homewood man led police on an hourlong car chase that ended with a crash injuring three officers.

"The car was driving itself," Wright said. "The car has a GPS. It's a Lincoln Navigator. They drive themselves. I wasn't running nowhere."

2 Replies Related Threads

wayne c
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3473
    RE: maybe the catfish are still alive 2010/07/19 20:24:10 (permalink)
    Dad and i were out Friday night. Had some smaller bluegill than usually, tried a different bait hole, and it was overpopulated and the blues badly stunted. I got 2 flathead both small, and 2 channels one around 20" the other 24. Had a good flat hooked, felt to be in mid thirty inches range or better. Took me into a snag and had to break it off.

Dad caught 1 small flat & 2 nice channels around the same as mine. Also had a very nice channel probably around 28" or so get off right at the side of the boat.
    post edited by wayne c - 2010/07/19 20:25:53
    PaWolfman
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 214
    RE: maybe the catfish are still alive 2010/07/19 22:01:54 (permalink)
    Congrats on the good day

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.-Thomas Jefferson
    Jump to: