REPRINT of The Complete Guide to the Salmon River

Author
Kype Magazine
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points: 0
2010/07/16 18:20:13 (permalink)

REPRINT of The Complete Guide to the Salmon River

The Famous Book, The Complete Guide to the Salmon River, by George Douglas is available. Douglas decided to do a reprint recently due to the high demand for the book. It has been a hard to find book.

Sid Snow
Kype Magazine
www.KypeMagazine.com

12 Replies Related Threads

waDerboy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1910
    RE: REPRINT of The Complete Guide to the Salmon River 2010/07/18 02:30:03 (permalink)
    Sir Spamalot
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: REPRINT of The Complete Guide to the Salmon River 2010/07/18 08:55:41 (permalink)
    Um- yeah. Unless you plan to front us all a copy to sell on ebay or plan on prophet sharing wiff da boss I'd back off a tad.
    And BTW- how do I get my $ back for the issue i bought with that less than stellar fishing vid.? Spawned out fish are not for making movies- Hell I'd be ashamed to fish the poor things. Just my opinion, but I would like my $ back.

Lyrical
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1577
    RE: REPRINT of The Complete Guide to the Salmon River 2010/07/18 13:46:23 (permalink)
    I had a signed copy of the "famous book" - until I sold it last year to some dumb schmook who was willing to pay $175 for it...  LOL

p.s. - the bottom structure of the Salmon River has changed significantly since the book was first released.

Did George re-survey it via a BP submersible????

draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: REPRINT of The Complete Guide to the Salmon River 2010/07/18 13:48:47 (permalink)
    Salmo - does you kype hurt?

It sounds like you took one to the chin as a result of that impulse purchase... LMAO
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: REPRINT of The Complete Guide to the Salmon River 2010/07/18 13:58:48 (permalink)
    while great at the time , really the internet made it obsolete.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Kype Magazine
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: REPRINT of The Complete Guide to the Salmon River 2010/07/18 19:31:56 (permalink)
    Take away fishing for Drop-back steelies, and you take away a huge chunk of the guides, shops, and the business's lively-hood - Kype was simply promoting that time of year. I doubt Kype will give you your money back, but I can arrange that you get a copy of the new issue of Kype Magazine / DVD that is awesome. Keep in mind that they make a full length DVD every 3 months. BTW: have been in touch with FishUSA to work together - I will confirm this week.

The truth is, the book is a classic. It's a reprint, not a new edition. Alone, it has placed George Douglas into the top 1% of self published authors in the USA, according to B&N stats. Although some sand bars have moved in the lower river, the information is very valuable as it provides anglers with a good understanding of the river, where to park, how to access and type of water that is in each location.

Although the posts following this may be more negativity, I believe that George has done a good job at promoting this fishery for over 20 years and continues to do so. He is not 1 of 48 legendary communicators in the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame for nothing.

Sid Snow
    Kype Magazine
    www.KypeMagazine.com
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: REPRINT of The Complete Guide to the Salmon River 2010/07/18 19:39:21 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: draketrutta

Salmo - does you kype hurt?

It sounds like you took one to the chin as a result of that impulse purchase... LMAO

Yeah- shop guy said it was awesome. He's still on my pooper list for just trying to make a buck from a regular (me).

Lyrical
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3207
    RE: REPRINT of The Complete Guide to the Salmon River 2010/07/18 22:17:06 (permalink)
    it definitely was an insightful book. yes, stream bed and even banksedge and diversions have all changed a few times in the past 20 years. it is definitely a decent guide to show you where everything is still. no doubt about it. i always believe though that there will never be a book that will teach you how to fish...
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: REPRINT of The Complete Guide to the Salmon River 2010/07/18 22:19:28 (permalink)
    hey drake; if your story of selling your copy for 175 is true. you are worse than anyone you ever poke fun at...
    Kokanee Killer
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1015
    RE: REPRINT of The Complete Guide to the Salmon River 2010/07/18 22:32:06 (permalink)
    now thats funny

I have become comfortably numb
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: REPRINT of The Complete Guide to the Salmon River 2010/07/18 22:51:47 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: dimebrite

hey drake; if your story of selling your copy for 175 is true. you are worse than anyone you ever poke fun at...

I sold it via a PM on another fishing site when I read a thread about some young guys salivating over the book. I was only going to ask for $100, but figured I'd up the ante and let them know it was a signed copy... Hooked someone "right in the mouth".

P.T. Barnum Lives On... 
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: REPRINT of The Complete Guide to the Salmon River 2010/07/19 18:50:03 (permalink)
    i see you're a sucker fisherman... lol
    Jump to: