Perch outing for Fish Erie?

Page: << < ..678 Showing page 8 of 8
Author
acmaul13
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1193
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Perch outing for Fish Erie? 2010/08/03 08:11:28 (permalink)
After a days rest I can finally get around to posting.
First-BIG?SLICK thanks for putting this together.
Second-Donnie and Hans you guys are just plain awesome had a blast on the boat and afterwards,I don't think that I could have asked for a better experience for me and my boy.By the way Hans I might be sending you a bill to have a certain hat surgically removed from JT's head thanx again.
It was great to get to meet all of you and hope to be able to make one-fly and find out what steel fever is all about.
Once again a giant THANK YOU to all involved in making this happen this is a community that I feel priviledged to be a part of.
Luv ya brothers,
AC
kingnuke32
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1863
RE: Perch outing for Fish Erie? 2010/08/03 10:08:52 (permalink)
Was greating meeting everyone I did, I may not have met everyone as I was busy feeding you people, man you guys and gals can eat a lot of feesh  .
 Anyways first time I been in PA waters in a few weeks and it showed only picked up a few eyes and the perchin was spotty(stupid goldens) Anyways here is the big walleye for the day that Austin caught. This Toothy critter fell victim to a Helmut Reef Runner with 5oz of weight off a board.

jolie
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 348
RE: Perch outing for Fish Erie? 2010/08/03 10:48:49 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Fisherlady2

Hey folks, We couldn't have ordered a more perfect day for the trip!  Had a tremendous time and it was a blast catching the perch, sorry we only managed one eye after the perching... but the shortest angler on the boat did a great job of catching it!  Congrats to Jolie's daughter on her first eye.
I have a few pics that will have to wait till tomorrow to upload on the high speed, hopefully Jolie gets his up that he took of his daughter's giant perch also. She got the biggest of the day!
I would do it again this weekend if someone got to arranging it! (just give me a couple days warning to make the cookies and deviled eggs! LOL)
And speaking of arranging.... Bigslick did a great job of getting this set up for all to enjoy! and let me be the first to nominate him to organize next years outing!!!!

First of all a Huge thanks to karen for making the experience very pleasant and memorable.  Also huge thankx for bigslick, for organizing it.  I wished I could have stayed longer to meet more of you.

The big perch was 13 1/2"!  keyannas first walleye was 17".  highlights also include me and my daughter catching two doubles at the same time ( I suddenly had more fish than I could handle),   another guy catching the only triple just as he was mentioning that everyone around him was catching except himself, and leaving the perch pack to find a place like three times better.

also not  in a hundred years, could you announce a date two months ahead (in the summer) and have such awesome conditions.  it wasn't too hot, too windy, too sunny, or stormy.  

I also found it interesting that when I asked her about her favorite part of the trip she mentions the BIG fish (the walleye and the perch).  I think we are starting to make her into a trophy angler.  the next adventure has to be steelhead.  we need to find something a little bigger than 17".
post edited by jolie - 2010/08/03 10:58:15
rookie5781
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 941
RE: Perch outing for Fish Erie? 2010/08/03 11:11:46 (permalink)
Even though I wasn't able to go out on the boat. I got to meet up with most of the folks later that evening at Follys and I really enjoyed meeting all of you! I had a blast after the picnic too, glad to meet Andy and his wife Carol and their son JT, (glad he still likes the hat) Chuck and his wife Kathy (?) Thanks to Big Slick for making this event happen. And thanks to all the Fish Erie folks that came.....I hope to see everyone at the one fly this year.
Fisherlady2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2196
RE: Perch outing for Fish Erie? 2010/08/03 12:31:37 (permalink)
I'm glad Jolie got the pics up... guess I was off on my estimation of his daughter's big perch... it looked 2" bigger than that to me! A beautiful perch without a doubt!
Here are a few pics I got through the day...
just chilling out on the bow.... Matt, Erie Mako and Hendy...

happy with their catch... Jolie and daughter

just some random shots...

Matt's first double...

followed by our boat's only triple of the day...compliments of Matt...

Jolie and Hendy both catching at the same time...

I believe we totalled out around 100+ for the boat, we quit early to go try for some eyes which didn't work out as well, but oh, well...
Mr.Slickfish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4528
RE: Perch outing for Fish Erie? 2010/08/07 00:01:04 (permalink)
I gotta say Fisherlady....I enjoyed your pics best outta this post.

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
acmaul13
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1193
RE: Perch outing for Fish Erie? 2011/01/23 16:36:43 (permalink)
I was missing fishin and decided to re-visit this thread,WOW what an awesome experience!!!!!
Can't wait to see what ya'all come up with this year
OH Yea GO STILLERS!!!!!!!!!!
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2153
RE: Perch outing for Fish Erie? 2011/01/27 07:19:13 (permalink)
That's it, we cant do it again this year. The Stillers fans found out!
Page: << < ..678 Showing page 8 of 8
Jump to: