new to site

Author
3fan
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 668
  • Reward points: 0
2010/06/13 13:09:40 (permalink)

new to site

Hey all new to site, hate computers but love to fish, been a guide on the salmon for about 11 years and fishing it for 25, not a fan of the bobber fishing or the spay casting, sorry, my true passion is chaseing walleye on oneida lake and flyfishing the deleware, hopeing to get some good info and hopefully I can share some. I dont fish to fill the freezer, in fact in all my trips guideing for steelies only 3 clients have kept a fish, I always encourage catch and release, walleyes are a different story ive had to kill a few of them. Was on the lake at 5 this morning only had 2 1/2 hours to play, struck out hit 3 sunnys couldnt get a bite. Last couple times out its been a struggle but the chase is what excites me, finding out what they want and nailing them, eating them is just a bonus.

5 Replies Related Threads

Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 374
    RE: new to site 2010/06/13 14:13:57 (permalink)
    Welcome aboard John. Good to see some fresh blood. There are a lot of good guys here that are sure to make you feel at home.
    Tight Lines...Cheers

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com
    Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    RE: new to site 2010/06/14 09:48:22 (permalink)
    Welcome to the site!  Read, post and enjoy! Lot's of great folks and more fishing know how than you can imagine.  These folks tend to cover it all, which is why it's such a great learning tool for us that are newer in the game.... if you have an area of particular interest or question try the 'search' feature at the top of the page, it's very inclusive and can provide you with hours of reading on any topic you may find of interest. If you can't find what you are looking for there then I'm sure someone else on here would be glad to help.
     Again, welcome and enjoy...
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8500
    RE: new to site 2010/06/14 10:59:58 (permalink)
    Welcome aboard.  I lived in Rome for a few years and hit Onieda and Delta alot.
    Its been 35 years since I was there but the fishing used to be fantastic.
    I wish you lots of luck and good fishing.     John

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: new to site 2010/06/27 17:22:45 (permalink)
    3fan, my apologies for not welcoming you to the eastern usa..
    Long over due.. So Welcome !!
    Guiding the SR ? Tough gig.. Plenty good fishing, plenty of guides (good & not so)..

Nice to see you keeping the warm water fishery up to date.. Walleye are sweet ..

For me, I spend my warm days by the pool, working on projects or cruising the atv.. I'm a trout bumb.. So you won't have much info from me until Sept.. Then it's all out until next summer..

Keep us up to date and for gosh sakes... Get A Digital Camera !!!
    No guide would be without...

Peace & Tuna

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    3fan
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 668
    RE: new to site 2010/06/30 19:23:32 (permalink)
    Thanks hot tuna, hope you like a little dead also. Thanks for the welcome, was hopeing it was a more active site but not so much. The salmon river gig only lasted about 4 years and the internet and way over abundance of guides did me in, kept my license and off course my boat and started fly fishing the deleware, and west canada creek. I still fish the salmon but HATE combat fishing, when I got my boat there was 12 to 15 of us with boats floating but now there must be 100, dont even go there once it gets crazy, maybe swing up on a wednesday but normally i wait till mid january when only the real die hards are there. I donate 2 or 3 trips a year but as for guideing, not so much. As for the walleyes bought a 23.5' sportcraft fishmaster last year and just enjoy not seeing people elbow to elbow, and its a new fishing challenge. Sorry but no digital camera for me, cant see spending 4 or 5 hundred bucks on something I wouldnt know how to use, I got photo albums full, got pictures of my 6 year old little girl holding a salmon when she was 4 and floating the deleware with the wife and I when she was younger than that. Sorry this is so long, haveing a cold beer, got carried away.
    Jump to: