over the top

Author
rmcmillen09
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 827
  • Reward points: 0
2010/05/13 15:34:40 (permalink)

over the top

Went down to a tributary last night. Walked out about to knee depth and casted a chartreuse rap out and within 30 seconds took one over the top of my chest waders. I learned a good lesson after drowning my cell phone last year, and showed them waves a thing or two . I didn't bring my new cell phone this year.

8 Replies Related Threads

pxatim
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4786
    RE: over the top 2010/05/13 15:41:49 (permalink)
    hiclassHilbilly
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1052
    RE: over the top 2010/05/13 23:14:20 (permalink)
    haha, I have a cell phone that survived several unfortunate encounters with the water, but it couldn't survive a full scale plunge in the conemaugh river.

I was wading and the rocks were slippery and heavly sloped. It was slow motion... waist, chest, shoulders...lol.. I couldn't stop my self.

Thankfully Norm helped pull me out.

Get one of those Boulder phones. They are water, dust and shock proof.

"A Homewood man led police on an hourlong car chase that ended with a crash injuring three officers.

"The car was driving itself," Wright said. "The car has a GPS. It's a Lincoln Navigator. They drive themselves. I wasn't running nowhere."
    rmcmillen09
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 827
    RE: over the top 2010/05/14 00:00:50 (permalink)
    I guess killing your phone fishin is better than dropping it in the commode or along those lines.Ya know the more important things of life.
    MuskyMastr
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3032
    RE: over the top 2010/05/14 10:54:49 (permalink)
    jumped in off of the beach near trout run to hold the boat while I switched passengers, we were tubing that day. Took the time to take everything out of my pockets (cigarettes, lighter, chew, money), forgot the phone in the cargo pocket. After about 5 min of standing in the water, it starts into a death stroke and I feel it vibrating in my pocket. Needless to say it locked up and quit. Went home, put it in a bag of rice and tried it 3 days later, it works fine for another 18 months.

18 months later on the way to Slippery rock, 3 drops of coffee splash out of my cup and onto the phone on the console. Dead on the spot for ever, go figgure.

Better too far back, than too far forward.
    Bogeyjoker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1704
    RE: over the top 2010/05/14 11:48:26 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: MuskyMastr

jumped in off of the beach near trout run to hold the boat while I switched passengers, we were tubing that day. Took the time to take everything out of my pockets (cigarettes, lighter, chew, money), forgot the phone in the cargo pocket. After about 5 min of standing in the water, it starts into a death stroke and I feel it vibrating in my pocket. Needless to say it locked up and quit. Went home, put it in a bag of rice and tried it 3 days later, it works fine for another 18 months.

18 months later on the way to Slippery rock, 3 drops of coffee splash out of my cup and onto the phone on the console. Dead on the spot for ever, go figgure.

Now that's funny right there!

pxatim
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4786
    RE: over the top 2010/05/14 12:37:37 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: pxatim

Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    RE: over the top 2010/05/14 15:23:24 (permalink)
    forgot the phone in the cargo pocket

... ahhhh, yes, the good old cargo pocket.... my fellow put 2 through the wash in a month because he forgot to check the cargo pockets!
    sig220e
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 287
    RE: over the top 2010/05/15 21:12:00 (permalink)

Look for truth inwardly, not outwardly.

B. Lee

Good sense is the master of human life.

Jump to: