Lazy fisherman

Author
Like2Fish
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 121
  • Reward points: 0
2010/04/28 11:16:37 (permalink)

Lazy fisherman

I am not the world's best fisherman in terms of catch rate but I do enjoy the process. I have been concentrating on Smallmouth the past several years using a drift fishing process that that seems to result in a good catch rate for both size and weight. My big question is how does drift fishing work with walleye?" I know most seem to like to troll with all sorts of methods. Down riggers, dipsey divers, worm harnesses etc. My question is, for a lazy guy like me can I go out to the mountain or the first trench or the point and expect some success with just a worm harness or some other method that will produce? I know some folks will think "why even bother" however, my enjoyment is being comfortable, drinking coffee, listening to the radio and enjoying being on the water. Catching fish is a bonus. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

REMEMBER "The toes you step on today may be connected to the AZZ you have to kiss tomorrow"

4 Replies Related Threads

Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    RE: Lazy fisherman 2010/04/28 12:26:20 (permalink)
    poWrBayT
    kingnuke32
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1863
    RE: Lazy fisherman 2010/04/28 12:50:29 (permalink)
    Once the "Motherlode" arrives you can catch some. The main issue is once the lake sets up the feesh will be suspended 30-50 down in 60-80fow much more productive to troll and cover the ground to find em. But do as you enjoy. Heading West to shallow grounds would be a better bet for more success drifting.
    deetz4352
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3549
    RE: Lazy fisherman 2010/04/28 18:00:32 (permalink)
    Ive done some drifting for eyes when the trolling gets too hard in the wind. Being small and aluminum the wind pushes me pretty good sometimes. If you find the depth they are holding at and gauge your bait at the right depth you can whack a few. Nice to be able to hold a pole doing this as well and actually feel the bite and set the hook yourself instead of the fish hooking itself while trolling.  

The Deetz
    Fishermen are born honest,but they get over it
    Dream Catcher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1567
    RE: Lazy fisherman 2010/04/29 02:28:55 (permalink)
    PM Sent
    Jump to: