Artificials Only Clarification

Author
Bassmastr25
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points: 0
2007/04/02 23:37:09 (permalink)

Artificials Only Clarification

The rules states: no "molded facsimiles". Does that include almost all rubber and plastic soft baits which are molded or does it mean no organic material molded to shape  (like powerbaits, or worms made of digestible material).

7 Replies Related Threads

jlh42581
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1885
    RE: Artificials Only Clarification 2007/04/03 07:25:13 (permalink)
    That meens nothing molded, no rubber crawfish, no moe egg flies(tied out of hot glue), no otter egg flys(rubber), no powerbait, no fake nymphs/hellgramites... no nadda - Flies of fur and feather construction and metal spinners/crankbaits/stickbaits onlly.

Thats exactly the reason I got rid of my moe egg materials, I dont wanna carry that stuff when a lot of the streams I fish are like this. By the way, it doesnt matter if your fishing it or not, if you have it in your possession, your screwed!
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: Artificials Only Clarification 2007/04/03 11:10:13 (permalink)
    They adjusted the rules a bit. Molded facimiles, with the exception of molded eggs are permitted on DHALO waters. They may NOT be composed of organic, or digestible material.

The fly only waters, also as I read it would also allow molded facimiles. Provided they are tied, and not molded to the hook.

"Fishing may be done with artificial flies and streamers constructed of natural or synthetic materials, so long as all flies are constructed in a normal fashion on a single hook with components wound on or about the hook."

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    2dog
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 468
    RE: Artificials Only Clarification 2007/04/03 22:25:56 (permalink)
    Fishing may be done with artificial lures only constructed of metal, plastic, rubber, or wood, or with flies or streamers constructed of natural or synthetic materials. All such lures may be used with spinning or fly fishing gear.

The use or possession of any natural bait, baitfish, fishbait, bait paste and similar substances, fish eggs (natural or molded), or any other edible substance is prohibited.

Fishing may be done with artificial flies and streamers constructed of natural or synthetic materials, so long as all flies are constructed in a normal fashion on a single hook with components wound on or about the hook. Anything other than these items is prohibited.

I'd take that to mean that those molded crickets are not allowed.
    ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: Artificials Only Clarification 2007/04/04 12:38:27 (permalink)
    Not at all.  It sounds as if the molded cricket would be legal as long as it is made of rubber, plastic or anything that is not edible.  Thats why I felt the molded eggs should be legal as long as they are artificial.  Why are they illegal?  Just curious....

Are Powerbait or Powerworms or Gulps edible substances?  On the package, it states that they're not edible.

<------Devil's advocate
    post edited by ShutUpNFish - 2007/04/04 12:39:17

spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: Artificials Only Clarification 2007/04/04 14:17:02 (permalink)
    "bait paste and similar substances,"

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: Artificials Only Clarification 2007/04/04 14:21:11 (permalink)
    "I'd take that to mean that those molded crickets are not allowed."

They WOULD be legal in the DHALO. It is rather ambiguous, as to wether they are legal in the fly only sections if they are TIED to the hook. 

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
    Jim_R
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 112
    RE: Artificials Only Clarification 2007/04/04 14:26:27 (permalink)
    I think they are 'not for human consumption', which is not necessarily the same as edible.  Maybe a better word would be 'digestible', as opposed to wood, metal, rubber, plastic, etc.

Jim_R

"There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind."

"The angling fever is a very real disease and can only be cured by the application of cold water and fresh, untainted air."
    Jump to: