Hex/Stone?

Author
steely34
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1280
  • Reward points: 0
2010/03/13 13:27:47 (permalink)

Hex/Stone?

Got my boxes filled this morning and thought I'd play around. Don't even know what it imitates other than a googlied eyed stone/hex nymph. Takes too long to tie anyway- I'll probably loose it on the first d#%m cast! Just tried different things during this all this rain. 

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it..... you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."

John Gierach

5 Replies Related Threads

6point7
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 964
    RE: Hex/Stone? 2010/03/13 13:45:41 (permalink)
    You sir are amazing!
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: Hex/Stone? 2010/03/13 14:49:48 (permalink)
    Very nice.....

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

swinger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1376
    RE: Hex/Stone? 2010/03/13 15:09:25 (permalink)
    Looks cool. But as you said, "too long to tie." What would be cool is a small box of too long to tie flies. Just keep it open on your table for decoration purposes. I decorated my erea with my eye catching materials. I keep my ostrich, rhea, lady amherst tails, and turkey tails sticking out of mason jars or vases. With many different bright dye jobs the wife said it looks like a divas dreshing room. Another thing I decorate with are pictures of special fish. They're not always the biggest fish but they are memerable fish or flies. All of them the fly used is stuck into the frame. I think its pretty cool. If I liked people enough to let them into my house, I am sure they would be great conversation pieces. But I dont get much company. So they are just there for my own sake.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    Bubb
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 34
    RE: Hex/Stone? 2010/03/13 16:17:40 (permalink)
    That is one of the nicest flys I have ever seen!!  I couldn't see how a huge trout or bass wouldn't destroy that!  Awesome, keep playing around!
    mxdad66
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 751
    RE: Hex/Stone? 2010/03/14 19:39:40 (permalink)
    Good idea swinger,I keep a box of those one timers in my backpack,from time to time when it feels like the perfect day,i break a few out,usually they do not return.for some reason they seem to catch that fish that is on steroids and takes my fly.Hopefully someone gets lucky enough to get it and use the fly.That only happens to a few of them, the rest the river eats.That critter would have a spot in my backpack.Nice job Steely
    Jump to: