Lake Lonely 3-2-10

Author
Wisdom
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 374
  • Reward points: 0
2010/03/02 15:59:37 (permalink)

Lake Lonely 3-2-10

Hit Lake Lonely with a buddy today. Was a beautiful day weather wise, sunny and warm. Made for pretty wet going though; about 6 inches of slush and water on top of a good 20 inches of ice. Bog Meadow Creek is open out into the lake about 50 yards. The water shed inlet to the left of the trail as you come out to the lake even has open water a few yards around it. Only had two flags with one perch but jigged up a bunch of pannies. Here is a pic of what we kept; you can see the slush in the background...
post edited by Wisdom - 2010/03/02 16:00:44

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com

3 Replies Related Threads

eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: Lake Lonely 3-2-10 2010/03/02 18:10:34 (permalink)
    Will:

Sorry I couldn't join you and Frank today, but my wife has a very sore tooth and we had to wait for a call from the dentist.  Looks like a crown for her (second one in a month) after he took x-rays and saw tooth filling was cracked with no more room to fill the tooth.
    Ship of Fools went to Putnam today and I can't wait to see how he made out on such a beautiful day.  One thing I forgot to mention to him was how bad the road in and out became the closer you got to Putnam Pond.  Maybe by today it was smoothed out.

Eagle Ed
    fish now work later
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Lake Lonely 3-2-10 2010/03/04 17:27:32 (permalink)
    I drove by lake lonely today and i was wondering if it is open to the public and if it is how do i get on?

Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 374
    RE: Lake Lonely 3-2-10 2010/03/04 17:41:17 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: fish now work later

I drove by lake lonely today and i was wondering if it is open to the public and if it is how do i get on?

Yes it is open to the public. There is a nature trail accessible from Union Ave.(9P). You don't want to go in from the start of the trail there is a short cut through the marsh. If you are heading toward Saratoga Lake on 9P it is at the end of the reeds which are now cut down but there is a dead tree with two signs off the road one says Licensed Fishing Preserve the other Hunting, the trail is right there on your right hand side before you go up the hill to Longfellow's. You should be able to see it without any problem. You park on the side of the road, be sure to pull as far off as you can so not to interfere with traffic. Beware if it is snowing, if it is in the way of the plows you may get a ticket or possibly towed.
    Tight Lines...Cheers

PS: One more thing; go left when you reach the main trail after going through the marsh. Reason I add this is because I know of a couple people their first time out went the wrong way.

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com
    Jump to: