Is it all over??? Saratoga and Lonely

Author
Wisdom
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 374
  • Reward points: 0
2010/02/26 11:42:08 (permalink)

Is it all over??? Saratoga and Lonely

I went by Lake Lonely and Saratoga Lake yesterday. After the past few days of rain, snow and warmer temps; it looks like it has taken it's toll on the ice. Lonely looked open near the shore from Bog Meadow Creek to almost the nature trail. The other end looked like the shore line was starting to open up from the creek mouth into the little cove. Looks like some of the permanent shanties have been pulled off Saratoga, at least in the north end. Ice looks slushy and very wet but didn't see any obvious openings. This was about 3PM yesterday and it rained here until after midnight last night so I'm sure it could only have gotten worse. My buddy called me to go out this morning and I declined stating "I think I'm done for the year." I am sure there is still good ice around but I prefer to err on the side of caution. If you're going out be safe and don't take unnecessary chances. Pressure cracks can open in a blink of an eye. Soft water is just around the corner and there is always next year to be out on the hard water. Hope you all had a great season.
                      Tight Lines Mates...Cheers
post edited by Wisdom - 2010/02/26 14:10:08

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com

2 Replies Related Threads

craveman85
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 101
    RE: Is it all over??? Saratoga and Lonely 2010/02/26 16:24:35 (permalink)
    you could always go to caroga, west, or canada lake.  over 2 feet of good solid ice there with about 2 feet of snow on it now.

if at first you dont succeed... blow it up.

you want organic? well then shut the &^$() up and eat a *$&#*( squirrel.
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: Is it all over??? Saratoga and Lonely 2010/02/27 10:15:20 (permalink)
    Wisdom:

Did not look like it was all over on Saratoga Lake or Lake Lonely yesterday as there were people out there walking in all that slush.  I was surprised at how many I saw out at Fitch Road fishing.

Eagle Ed

Jump to: