Little Toby Creek Fishing

Author
bshaffer75
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2007/04/02 10:28:56 (permalink)

Little Toby Creek Fishing

Headed up to Brockway, PA for tout this year.  We are planning on fishing on Little Toby Creek.  I've never fished there, but family members have had camps there all of our lives, but i'm the only one in my family to fish for trout,....so does anyone have any suggestions on where some good spots are...(or if you don't wat to give up specific locations,...any good general areas?)....our camp is off the 7th Ave Extension.

Thanks in advance.....wish everyone tight lines for opening day!!

Brian

3 Replies Related Threads

JeffCoHunter
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 46
    RE: Little Toby Creek Fishing 2007/04/02 18:23:29 (permalink)
    I also have a camp in the Brockway area and fish the Little Toby some.  I generally fish the stretch that goes through SGL 44, sounds like near your camp.  It seems to me that there is a lot of stream area though that is relatively flat water with few holes but there are some areas with real nice holes.  The area around where Jenkins Run flows in is one of my favorite areas.  If you can, I would advise walking it a little before season to locate some nice looking areas.
    JeffCoHunter
    New Angler
    RE: Little Toby Creek Fishing 2007/04/15 17:11:37 (permalink)
    Started out fishing Saturday 4/14 on the Clarion River but had no success so around noon I moved to the lower end of Little Toby Creek.  Caught three in about 3 hours of fishing, one was a nice 20" brownie.  Then went to the upper end of Little Toby and didn't catch any.  One guy in our group did catch a 14" brown though in upper Toby.  Caught my three on nightcrawlers.  Water seemed to be a pretty nice level but cold.  Did not see many fish caught.
    JeffCoHunter
    New Angler
    RE: Little Toby Creek Fishing 2007/04/29 21:45:46 (permalink)
    Three of us from the UTC Team fished Little Toby on Saturday (4/28) and caught 39, biggest was a 15" brown.  Two of us went back Sunday morning for a few hours and caught 15.  Nice mix of brooks, browns and rainbows.  Caught them on a variety of baits. 
    Jump to: