Presque Isle - Ice conditions (12-30-09)

Author
DaFuNK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1992
  • Reward points: 0
2009/12/31 12:00:21 (permalink)

Presque Isle - Ice conditions (12-30-09)

Took a drive to see what was going on yesterday (12/30/09).. here is what I found:

Presque Isle Bay: south of parking lots vista 1,2,3 = no huts, no people and not a lot of ice yet. Ice is beginning to form out there but it is spotty, did not even attmept to walk out there to take a look.

Misery Bay: conditions much better here with approx 4"-5" of thick ice on the east side. Couple huts and a couple fisherman when I stopped by. Nice pile of sunnies, a nice largemouth and crappies from the 2-3 guys out there fishing. They said they had only been there about an hour so far and had some nice piles of fish starting to build.

Horseshoe Pond: conditions pretty much the same as Misery here. 4"-5" of solid ice. Lots of hut marks and a few guys were out there fishing when I arrived. Reports that earlier in the day some nice steelhead were taken through the ice.. and plenty of gills and a few crappies.

I am keeping an eye on the forecast and will probably take another drive down there in the next few days to see if there are any major changes in the conditions...

Tight Lines!

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: