Tyin' help?

Author
Nels66
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 28
  • Reward points: 0
2009/11/10 11:11:37 (permalink)

Tyin' help?

Hey fellas (and ladies)...I'm a big fan of winter steelheading and a recent convert to the flyrod (mostly).  I was wondering if anyone near the Girard area might be willing to give me a little personal help on tying some flies.  I've got many of the basic tools and a nice vise and bench but not a lot of practical experience with anything other than sucker spawn.  Any help would be appreciated and of course, I'd be happy to supply a few beers too! 

I've looked over a lot of the fly-tying sites but I thought some practical instruction might be best.  You guys always seem willing to offer help which is why I ask....

Many thanks...

3 Replies Related Threads

spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: Tyin' help? 2009/11/10 11:44:28 (permalink)
    Nels,

The Gem City Flytiers would be a good option for you. A casual group of fly tiers, that get to gether weekly, and would help you get started. They are local to you ( fairview/sterretania area ).

You could PM Sharpeffly on this board, or stop at Folley's End fly shop, or Lake Erie Ultimate Angler for more info on joining in. Or you could stop in at the PSA ( Pa Steelhead Assoc. ) meeting this wednesday night ( 7pm ), at the Anerican legion on rt.5 next to the airport. Several of the "flytiers", are also PSA members, and there's always at least on in attendance.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: Tyin' help? 2009/11/10 11:47:02 (permalink)
    Here's a link to their website,

http://gcocflytiers.com/

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    ragadas
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 18
    RE: Tyin' help? 2009/11/10 18:33:16 (permalink)
    Try you tube also. Lots of tutorials with different techniques.
    Jump to: