9/9/07 Salmon River Fishing Report's, Rambling's, Article, Tips, Mail Bag, Etc..

Author
Randy Jones
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 24
  • Reward points: 0
2007/09/09 10:23:32 (permalink)

9/9/07 Salmon River Fishing Report's, Rambling's, Article, Tips, Mail Bag, Etc..

It's raining heavily outside in Pulaski, NY. as I type this at 10am. Lot's of rain (100%) in the forecast for today. We even have a Hazardous Weather Warning for possible flooding.
Nice, light, evenly spread out, sprinkling of fish from the Sportsman Hole down to the DSR. This is where the highest concentration of fish are today. (I dont have a report yet about the mouth) You will find them rooster tailing in the shallows and a few, maybe more sitting in the holes in the above area. Nice, all day push of Salmon thru the upper DSR on Sat. Perfect conditions for another push - run of freshies today thru the lower river. Never know. Rain, low light all day. We shall see. Look for (a lil or a lot?) natural run-off. I wonder if there are enouph fish still in the estuary to continue this run that started on Wed. Hmmm. Water temp. was 77 deg. Sat. YIKES!! (Poor fish)
Im very happy that this weather will help all those fish out. I hope all of you are haveing an enjoyable season so far. Enouph trickling to push's of pods of freshies to keep it intresting for the early season angler with light fishing pressure. Fish are spreading out along the river which helps to take a lot of pressure of the lower end.
I'd like to (as always) Thank all of you for helping out our local economy!
(I guess I should thank the fish also. :)
I hope the above report helps you on your future Salmon River Fishing Adventure!
Best Fish's,
Randy Jones
------------
www.yankeeangler.com - Fishing Report's, Articles, Tips, Mail Bag, Pic's. and much more :)

6 Replies Related Threads

STEALYS4ME
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1443
    RE: 9/9/07 Salmon River Fishing Report's, Rambling's, Article, Tips, Mail Bag, Etc.. 2007/09/09 10:32:15 (permalink)
    Great to hear.
    STEALYS4ME
    Pro Angler
    RE: 9/9/07 Salmon River Fishing Report's, Rambling's, Article, Tips, Mail Bag, Etc.. 2007/09/09 14:16:30 (permalink)
    keep us updated thanx.
    shotnoyz
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: 9/9/07 Salmon River Fishing Report's, Rambling's, Article, Tips, Mail Bag, Etc.. 2007/09/09 17:23:32 (permalink)
    Slowed down today.  Lots of long faces.  Might pick up again when the fish get more of the scent of the river.
    MattyD.
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 43
    RE: 9/9/07 Salmon River Fishing Report's, Rambling's, Article, Tips, Mail Bag, Etc.. 2007/09/09 20:52:34 (permalink)
    Randy -

I got an idea - you keep to guiding and I will do the weather :)  Just kidding.

But seriously the area south of Pulaski, southern Oswego county picked up a 1/2" to 1" of rain, but the Weather Station at Sandy Creek School only picked up .18" http://weather.weatherbug.com/NY/Pulaski-weather.html?zcode=z5830&zip=13142

We need much more than that! :(

In Life We All Have Choices. I Choose to Fish!

Fish Off...
    MattyD.
    STEALYS4ME
    Pro Angler
    RE: 9/9/07 Salmon River Fishing Report's, Rambling's, Article, Tips, Mail Bag, Etc.. 2007/09/10 07:55:52 (permalink)
    Any body been out to the river today.  Just seeing if this rain got those fish on the move.
    Randy Jones
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 24
    RE: 9/9/07 Salmon River Fishing Report's, Rambling's, Article, Tips, Mail Bag, Etc.. 2007/09/10 09:11:38 (permalink)
    Steal - I have not heard anything yet today for fish entering.

Matty - Yup, a lil disappointing. It rained nice in the morning and then it seemed like we were on the line as the day progressed. But it still beats a sharp stick in the eye. :) I was wondering how much we actually got. Thanks for the update!
    -

9/10/07 Salmon River Fishing Report
    We had some fish moving into the river on Sunday and spreading out as they migrated up. A freind reported that he saw 7-8 fish swim by him in several hours of fishing in the DSR on Sunday. (This is more of a normal # of fish for this time of the year. I'd suggest that what we had Wed. through Sat. was better than normal.) He was hoping for the BIG run, created by the rain, that never materialized. If I had been fishing, I would have played my cards the same. :) Most anglers saw some fish this weekend. Some hooked up, some didn't. A few fish were found top to bottom of river. I think everyone had an enjoyable time. :)
    -
    We got some rain Sunday, but not as much as hoped for. Still, some is better than none. :) We do have some rain, low light during the day and also some (high - gusty) winds out of the West forecast for Tuesday and Wed. and then a 40% chance for more rain at the end of the week. I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend.
    It's still early in the season and you never know. :)
    I'll update this page as needed. More great fishing info. below.
    Best Fish's,
    Randy
    www.yankeeangler.com
    Jump to: