Horse Shoe pond/Eaton Res.

Author
marsh rabbit
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points: 0
2007/03/31 17:34:06 (permalink)

Horse Shoe pond/Eaton Res.

Fished Horse Shoe pond this AM boats were catching lots of bass. We were on shore and only catching gills on minnows, go figure? Left there and went to Eaton Res on the way home. Water is probably 5 foot low. Couldnt figure out where to fish with the water that low. Normally i'm fishing around the brush and logs. Skunked out there.

11 Replies Related Threads

bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: Horse Shoe pond/Eaton Res. 2007/03/31 18:19:08 (permalink)
    Did it look like you could get a boat out at Eaton??

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Jim_R
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 112
    RE: Horse Shoe pond/Eaton Res. 2007/04/02 11:09:21 (permalink)
    Rabbit- It was low like that at the beginning of February when we first got out on the ice.  In December (Deer season) it was almost up to the road by the anchors.  Not sure why.

Jim_R

"There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind."

"The angling fever is a very real disease and can only be cured by the application of cold water and fresh, untainted air."
    hockeyfish
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 46
    RE: Horse Shoe pond/Eaton Res. 2007/04/02 16:05:45 (permalink)
    I heard that a camera on the Dam broke and the water levels suffered until it was fixed. I was also told that the fishing will be afected this spring due to this setback. This may be total crap, but the person who told me is usually a good source....plus I guess it makes sense.

IM LISTENING TO THE EFFIN SONG!
    Jim_R
    Avid Angler
    RE: Horse Shoe pond/Eaton Res. 2007/04/02 16:21:41 (permalink)
    I emailed Northeast Township, asking what was going on...I'll post a reply if they send me one.

Jim_R

"There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind."

"The angling fever is a very real disease and can only be cured by the application of cold water and fresh, untainted air."
    Loopy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1437
    RE: Horse Shoe pond/Eaton Res. 2007/04/02 19:34:40 (permalink)
    Do you have any idea what the boat guys were getting them on?

<---  The Holy Trinity
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    RE: Horse Shoe pond/Eaton Res. 2007/04/02 21:15:43 (permalink)
    I was at Eaton today the lake is still way down. There was a backhoe digging out the old boat ramp at the anchor end. The boat ramp at the other end of the lake is out of the water..

Jim_R
    Avid Angler
    RE: Horse Shoe pond/Eaton Res. 2007/04/03 09:10:27 (permalink)
    Bing- Were the weedbeds out of the water?  Been thinking about pike fishing that cove...is there any amount of water there?

Jim_R

bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    RE: Horse Shoe pond/Eaton Res. 2007/04/03 18:44:10 (permalink)
    Couldn't see the weeds up top. The bays are almost dry. You might be able to do some good fishing in waders. I f the level doesn't come up I think you could launch a boat but the ramp is a little touchy at the end. The fish really have to be concentrated in the lower end of the lake. All the shoreline structure is dry..

Jim_R
    Avid Angler
    RE: Horse Shoe pond/Eaton Res. 2007/04/04 09:12:00 (permalink)
    Thanks, Bing...I'm gonna try to reach the township again, I'll let you know if I get any response.

Jim_R

bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    RE: Horse Shoe pond/Eaton Res. 2007/04/09 07:07:54 (permalink)
    Any one been by the Bull Dam ? Was wondering how the water level was...

wooly bully
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 85
    RE: Horse Shoe pond/Eaton Res. 2007/04/10 10:51:46 (permalink)
    I was by there on Sunday.  The water is way down.  I don't know if you could do any good from the breast work of the dam.
    Jump to: