Author
Chromer78
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 33
  • Reward points: 0
2009/10/01 12:28:00 (permalink)

Trophy trout ramcat

Does anyone have any advice on how to fish this section of the yough 

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on the muddy banks of rivers doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

4 Replies Related Threads

steelheaders#1
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 231
    RE: Trophy trout ramcat 2009/10/01 17:10:25 (permalink)
    Send me a PM and I will LYK. I use to bike in from OhioPyle side at daybreak and fish that stretch for over 15 years... I use a noodle rod if that helps.. you get the drift...
    fish whisperer
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 70
    RE: Trophy trout ramcat 2009/10/01 20:56:41 (permalink)
    you can access alot from the bike trail,but you will have way more fun if you float it.  Its not to bad a couple class 2 rapids but if you can paddle a canoe youll be fine.  There is a launch below the dam and you can take out in ohiopyle
    the_lip_ripper
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 62
    RE: Trophy trout ramcat 2009/10/05 10:04:05 (permalink)
    It can be a challenging stretch of water. The fish can be very unpredictable. I have noticed if there is a heavy hatch on the water or some type of other natural influence, the fish are difficult to catch. I have been there in the evening and caught fish on just about every cast and returned in the morning and had to work hard to catch a fish.

My Advice:
    1.) as mentioned before use a noodle rod
    2.) try to cover as much water as possible - you will eventually find fish that are willing to bite. The smallest pools will hold fish the same as the larger pools
    3.) if you are a live bait fishermen, go prepared with an arsenal. Night crawlers have been my best performer, but I have been there when they would only hit meal worms.
    4.) make sure you have a couple different types of rapalas or pins minnows with you

'Pinnin Aint Easy' 'TR'
    hendey lathe
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 953
    RE: Trophy trout ramcat 2009/10/06 19:23:24 (permalink)
    The Yough is a tough nut to crack. I'll agree with ripper about fish everywhere one day to swearing fish don't even exist the next day. All I can tell you is that felt soles with carbide studs and a wading staff are a must. Some folks on other message boards think wading staffs will get you in trouble but I feel panic only occurs when your noy prepared.
    Jump to: