Lake Gordon/Koon Lake Bedford county

Author
AKKingBuster
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 32
  • Reward points: 0
2009/08/26 21:51:31 (permalink)

Lake Gordon/Koon Lake Bedford county

I am looking for any information that I can get on Lake Gordon and Koon Lakes located in southern Bedford county.  I would like to give the  Bass fishing a try and any information would be appreciated.  I understand that these are electric only lakes, but does any one know if you can have a boat with an outboard on it on the lake??  Thanks in advance.

7 Replies Related Threads

mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2549
    RE: Lake Gordon/Koon Lake Bedford county 2009/08/26 22:27:20 (permalink)
    Don't really know about having a gas motor on ,but there is an article in this months issue of Pa. Angler & Boater that states that no boat trailers are allowed to be used on either lake due to concerns about mussels. They have just put in new plastic boat slides that you use to get the boat in the water.I assume that you must lift your boat off of your trailer to get in on the ramp.  sam
    Panfisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 799
    RE: Lake Gordon/Koon Lake Bedford county 2009/08/27 12:28:18 (permalink)
    You can not have a gas motor on your boat.  And you have to push or carry your boat onto the lake.  The ramp has a barricade across it.  They put new slides in but I haven't seen them yet.

The only thing better than 1 day of fishing is 2 days of fishing.
    fisherman51
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Lake Gordon/Koon Lake Bedford county 2011/09/16 18:15:48 (permalink)
    I have fished koon Lake and Lake Gordan for over 40 years. I have found fishing from the bank using artificial lizards for bass near downed trees work really well. Also out in the boat I use a rapala shad colored minnow about 2 1/2 inches long works well on bass also. There are some nice size bass in the lake and you have to move around a lot to locate them. My cousin had good luck with six inch shiners to catch the big bass.

Pete Mosky
    Erie Mako
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 443
    RE: Lake Gordon/Koon Lake Bedford county 2011/09/16 21:11:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Panfisher

You can not have a gas motor on your boat. 

When did that rule start for "electric only" lakes or is that just a local regulation for just those two lakes?

On the internet, EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion!
    davef
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 980
    RE: Lake Gordon/Koon Lake Bedford county 2011/09/19 22:43:22 (permalink)
    I believe all the lakes that are used primarily for drinking water have that rule, Wilmore Dam, Quemahoning Dam etc.  These lakes aren't owned by the fish commission or army corps.
    boatnik
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Lake Gordon/Koon Lake Bedford county 2011/09/20 21:21:05 (permalink)
    I just don't know about that last comment. Alot of big water supply reservoirs  with unlimited HP and restricted HP. I can tell you this > other factors are involved such water erosion caused by power boats and water volume movment or the time it takes for the flow of water to travel from entry to exit ( headwaters to dam ) in measurement of days. This movement can cause lack of D.O. in water depths because it can not   flush out gas and oil in time. Now I am still stuck on why the PGC only allows row boats on Faylor lake ( Snyder County ).  www.hlsmaps.com
    deepcreek bound
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 32
    RE: Lake Gordon/Koon Lake Bedford county 2011/09/22 18:28:53 (permalink)
    LOL.....they do act like that is the only resivior in the world...dont quote me..but i think the city of cumberland,md owns the water rights??? correct me if i am wrond....deep
    Jump to: