2009/08/24 18:36:41 (permalink)

where is BACKIN79?

Here's hoping our bud from Joisey can make it up to Jimmy Jam II

6 Replies Related Threads

backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: where is BACKIN79? 2009/08/26 20:11:25 (permalink)
    Yank , it's a bummer for me, I'm not going to wing it to the jims shin dig.. I wanted to but with all that is going close to home i'm hanging with the family. I do wish you and the rest a safe fun filled as i'm certain it will be. Glta in the tournament, i know i'll be missed but there is always another day to meet up for fishing! cheers!

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take
    jkbugger
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 211
    RE: where is BACKIN79? 2009/08/27 19:10:38 (permalink)
    sad to here, that just means we'll have to get together in the cats. one of these weekends.

"Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years."
    Charles Haas
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: where is BACKIN79? 2009/08/27 19:57:09 (permalink)
    jk , a bear that i thought at first was somebodys big black dog walked majestically about 50 ft downstream at dusk this past tues on the bk.. I was wading 15 ft in that pool where that memorial stone bench sits.. in memory of the late fred *** sorry i forgot the last name anyway it was a special event watching a bear walk across with so little effort where we would of likely lost our footing waiste deep. Bear was a small adult but nonetheless awesome site to behold. I caught a few earlier much further downstream below butternut again..before that on sat i catch em on olives late pm. yes bummer to miss once again a great gathering but it is best for me at this time to stay close to home. plus i'm waiting for a passenger mirror i blew out coming home on rt 17 by that one lane work zone. took my eyes off changing a cd and took out my mirror so i need that before traveling far for sure. toyota dealer wanted 180.00 i ordered online 48.00 but have to wait a few days ups. yes you and me should hook up on the cats before its over. gl at jj2

New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: where is BACKIN79? 2009/08/27 22:54:29 (permalink)
    BACK sorry to hear you can't come.  I missed you at the winter gig up north too. One of these days, though.  I also love those moments.  A few days ago at Tomhannock I got to watch a bald eagle swoop down, and carry off a fish clean as a whistle... awesome. You have to love those moments.
    jkbugger
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 211
    RE: where is BACKIN79? 2009/08/28 06:05:43 (permalink)
    a few years ago I was fishing just downstream of butternut and some guy kept waving at me from downstream. I kindof ignored it for about 10 minutes till i heard rustling behind me. There was a bear about 10 yards behind me eating some berries. I thought about what to do and turned around again and he was gone.

The next day at the fly shop the guys were talking about the idiot who was fishing with a bear right behind him, they got a real good laugh when I told em it was me.

"Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years."
    Charles Haas
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: where is BACKIN79? 2009/08/28 09:26:27 (permalink)
    It is really what it is all about yank, I live for the outdoors, it is what keeps me going! Eagles are awesome upclose.. I always have my 8x42 monarchs in my truck and usually take them with me out on the res just for those precious moments. enjoy! shssh raining already here, should get a break though over the weekend.. i'll likely wait for next week jk if you want to meet or hang up by me sometime next week.. One thing we agree on is weekdays make it easier to get into our favorite pools especially on the bk. JK.. I'm sure I would have felt differently if i turned around and discovered a bear that close! lol.. yeah man , this one in front did not give me any sense of fear..I would of felt uneasy if it were a bear with cubs though.I continued to flyfish hoping it would still be around on the opposite shore.. you know the spot,,i climbed down just upstream from the famous Cains pool fishing the riff along the memorial stone bench. I rarely fish those hard pressed pools but i was heading home and wanted to try alittle into the dark.. fish were there but i didn't get any on the dry. I probably should of took the time to try wets but i was ready to go home after dark..i had three quality flyfishing days ..the mosquitoes were out full forcei use both bugs sprays and smokes

Jump to: