Deer Theft

Author
Moses Guthrie
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 216
  • Reward points: 0
2007/08/18 20:44:43 (permalink)

Deer Theft

The stand theft post made me curious, How many of you have had harvested deer stolen? I never have but a buddy of mine had a really nice 8 pt taken last year while we were doing a drive. We just started the drive and a nice 8 pt jumped up and stood in front of him. He nailed it, gutted it and we finished the drive. Came back and the deer was gone, just a set of quad tracks left.

2 Replies Related Threads

thedrake
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1948
    RE: Deer Theft 2007/08/18 21:20:44 (permalink)
    If I remember correctly, there was a guy who had his doe taken from him at gunpoint last year in PA.

I have heard similar stories to yours, but I havent had it happen to me yet.
    startinout
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 342
    RE: Deer Theft 2007/08/19 09:05:58 (permalink)
    The first buck I ever shot in archery was like a scene from Rocky.  I couldn't find a good spot in the thicket to hunt, and the only opening was where the creek was.  So, of course, I just stood in the bend of the creek next to a well used deer trail.  After about two hours of standing still in waist high water, a six point came strolling through the creek and I nailed him.  Not knowing any better at the time, my friend and I immediately started tracking him through the thicket continuously bumping him.  To make a long story short there was tons of blood to follow for five hundred yards, then it all of the sudden stopped on a quad trail which we heard someone driving on earlier.  Being sixteen, I looked for that deer after school for the next three days and never found it.  95% sure that quad took it.  Never hunted that spot again, because I didn't want to think of the confrontation if I saw that quad rider again.  Kills me though, who would steal a little six point. 
    Jump to: