Lake Lila

Author
EagleCrg
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 160
  • Reward points: 0
2009/08/12 20:17:35 (permalink)

Lake Lila

Carried a canoe into Lake Lila yesterday with a friend and spent about 5 hours fishing for bass.  Not much to show for it........we caught quite a few real littlel smallies but nothing over 12 or 13 inches.  There appears to be a lot of shallow areas in that lake and we had trouble finding structure as we didn't want to carry a fish finder in there.  I know it gets deep as there are Lake Trout in there as well, but we left them alone.  The water is pretty tannin stained with visibility limited to about 4 feet, 5 at the most.  We tried alot of different soft baits, worms, tubes, and a few other odd soft ones.  Also tried topwater and  stickbaits but nothing seemed to turn them on.  I had a feeling that the bigger bass may have been in deeper water as the temperature felt pretty warm. 

What a beautiful lake though.  Lots of picturesque scenes, but didn't bring a camera as I was afraid of capsizing and ruining the camera.  I figured if it was in a drybag it probably wouldn't get used.  There are alot of campsites on the lake if anyone is into canoe camping.  You have about a 1/3 mile carry to reach the lake over a good trail.  If you have a canoe cart it would be a snap.
For those of you that are wondering where Lake Lila is, it is near Little Tupper Lake next to the Whitney property that was sold to the state about 10 years back.  All in all an enjoyable trip even though we didn't catch much.  I think the fish are there, just have to figure them out and perhaps stay away from the August doldrums.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: