trail camera pics

Author
thedrake
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1948
  • Reward points: 0
2007/08/16 11:39:56 (permalink)

trail camera pics

A week ago, I placed on of my game cams facing a well used trail leading to one of my fields. I saw a very nice buck in the field several times, and hoped that he has been using this trail (you'll see the trail in the pics). The camera was there for exactly one week. When I picked up the camera yesterday, it showed that there were 37 pictures taken. The roll of film only held 24 exposures, so there were 13 that the camera tried to take, but did not get on film.

As you can see, I didnt get the buck on film, but I did get plenty of does. The trail that you can see in the photos is so well used that its worn to bare dirt in a lot of places.

Here's a few of the pic.....

post edited by thedrake - 2007/08/18 11:13:39

14 Replies Related Threads

SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: trail camera pics 2007/08/16 12:51:02 (permalink)
    Cool man.  I saw a goofy lookin buck the other night.  Four inch spikes straight up with two points on each side pointed straight out.  6 point.
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    RE: trail camera pics 2007/08/19 13:00:18 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: SilverKype

Cool man.  I saw a goofy lookin buck the other night.  Four inch spikes straight up with two points on each side pointed straight out.  6 point.

Sounds like a shooter!
    jlh42581
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1885
    RE: trail camera pics 2007/08/20 08:36:44 (permalink)
    Theyve got themselves a funnel created there. Id take that camera out and hang a stand in the same tree. Take some old clothing, wash it in scent free stuff. Stuff it full of hay and sit it in the stand like a person sitting there. The deer will be spooky at first, then they will get cocky..."Hey that guy never does anything". Then you switch spots, they come strolling in... theres that stupid guy that never shoots.... WHAM!
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8507
    RE: trail camera pics 2007/08/20 09:22:20 (permalink)
    I read the same thing in an outdoor life many years ago.

thedrake
    Pro Angler
    RE: trail camera pics 2007/08/20 11:30:00 (permalink)
    I've hunted that trail for years. It is a funnel. There are 3 trails leading from a clear cut into that trail. I've killed a few deer there in archery over the years, but bucks dont seem to travel it until they are following the does on the trail.
    jlh42581
    Pro Angler
    RE: trail camera pics 2007/08/20 21:50:40 (permalink)
    Bought a camera tonight.... but for all the wrong reasons. I actually bought it to try and catch someone coming into my house while we are at work. A couple times we have come home to the TV on, i brushed it off as an electrial glitch. Well today, we came home to a chair in the flower garden beside the house. Unfortunately the window was unlocked but for some reason, whoever came in did not take the guns(would have had to take the whole safe) the cameras, the laptop, my bow...nothing! But weird, why the hell would someone break into your house and not take anything. I just hope someone isnt stalking my girlfriend. So, I went and bought a digital scouting camera, figured Id kill two birds with one stone. I have it setup to try and catch this person, but when that ends I now have one to use in the woods. Ill use it to scout a few places that Im not sure if deer use but they look good. I hunt 100% public land, and like I stated, I trust no one. Especially when people are coming in my house while im at work. Its not like I live in a high crime rate city. If I get lucky enough to bust this person Ill post the pics. The neighbor said they saw a red van in our driveway but assumed someone was working on the house or a friend. Guess they didnt see them climb through the window. If they ever climb through this window while Im here they will be sorry. I got some shells with whoever this person is name written all over it.
    jlh42581
    Pro Angler
    RE: trail camera pics 2007/08/20 21:56:18 (permalink)
    BTW... the digitals have come down in price. I paid a $100 for the camera and $15 for the 1gb card. It will hold 950 pictures or 109 10second video clips. It only does video in the day then reverts back to still images at night. I couldnt bring myself to pay the $50 to have true night vision pictures without flash. Like I said, I bought it for a different reason but plan to use it for a better cause. If I can keep it from getting stolen. What has this world come to. 50 years ago if you had a scouting camera i bet it would have went untouched.
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: trail camera pics 2007/08/20 22:18:20 (permalink)
    Git 'em!
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: trail camera pics 2007/08/21 07:18:24 (permalink)
    A friend of mine has bought on for the same reason. But when they broke into his place they got his 7mm and turkey gun. He bought one of the cheaper cameras and it works great. He built a fake birdhouse and put the camera in it. It sits in the flowerbed beside the house never know you just got your picture taken..

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

jlh42581
    Pro Angler
    RE: trail camera pics 2007/08/21 08:47:46 (permalink)
    Im glad I have a gun safe. What I just dont understand is that although the cameras werent sitting in plain view, my g4 Mac Powerbook was RIGHT THERE! That computer is easily worth $1000. Go upstairs, my bow is there, go out on the top porch all my hunting gear is out there. It almost makes me wonder if someone not only may have been stalking my girlfriend but maybe also looking for a key to my Kennel! The dog sure is worth a lot of money. Shes tattoo'd/AKC Registered but only honest people would bring a dog back. Just sucks, makes me not even wanna go to work.
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    RE: trail camera pics 2007/08/21 11:19:36 (permalink)
    Jeremy, I'll sell you a house with an alarm system already installed.

All kidding aside, one thing you may want to do is call the police, even though nothing was taken, and you cant describe the person that did it. They may decide to send someone patrol around your block a few times a day for a while.

My parents had a problem with someone stealing the gas out of their cars. They called the state police, and an officer drove past thier house several times a night, for a while. No more gas was taken....at least for a few years. ....and this time my dad and I set a trap for the person who was taking it again. We placed an old gas can in easy view of the road. In the gas can was a combination of gasolene, water, and lots of sand. The next day, the can was gone. No more gas was taken after that.

One other thing I would do, is to let all your neighbors know what happened. This way, you could all look out for each other, and take note of anyone who comes to your house while your not there.

jlh42581
    Pro Angler
    RE: trail camera pics 2007/08/22 08:29:30 (permalink)
    Ten years dan, if your still in it, we'll talk. This house is just a starter home. I plan to move out into the woods. It definately wont be a house more the 10 years old eaither, this 1900 construction really hurts my checkbook.
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3349
    RE: trail camera pics 2007/08/23 22:42:53 (permalink)
    sounds like your typ. haunted house 2/me
    hope you didnt use a ouji board there
    lived in afew my/self u/no?/
    if u need any hints on gettin rid of im lEtt/me no o/K?
    ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: trail camera pics 2007/08/30 21:54:33 (permalink)
    I'd call off work one day, turn off all the lights and sit on the couch waiting with my two buddies Smith&Wesson...If the perpatrator returns, introduce him to your buddies!!  
    post edited by ShutUpNFish - 2007/08/30 21:55:15

Jump to: