1st time fishing in a month.....whomped the rainbows!

Author
Ship of Fools
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 250
  • Reward points: 0
2009/07/02 08:58:04 (permalink)

1st time fishing in a month.....whomped the rainbows!

With yet another baseball game rained out and the forecast for the storms to clear out before dark my buddy and i loaded up the 12' Ship of Fools and headed to Thompsons for a night on the lake...

Within 20 minutes we had a nice fat 14" rainbow in the boat and proceeded to catch a total of 8 plus a couple more lost and a great big crappie to boot........kept our limit of 6........all nice fat fish............we caught them off and on all night and left em biting once we caught our 6th keeper at 1 AM.

Both worms and corn worked well..............now for the kicker....i still had my sabiki rig tied on from striper season so i simply put a single piece of corn on each hook (only 5 since i broke one off to be legal) and that rod had the most hits and caught the most fish!!

Great night to be out.

4 Replies Related Threads

Hunter25
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 77
    RE: 1st time fishing in a month.....whomped the rainbows! 2009/07/02 09:42:23 (permalink)
    Nice Job! I love Thompsons although it hasn't been very productive for me especially during the winter. You said you got rained out. Where do you play? I ask because I was rained out Tuesday night double header for Twilight.
    Ship of Fools
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 250
    RE: 1st time fishing in a month.....whomped the rainbows! 2009/07/02 10:23:22 (permalink)
    I said last night that i was surprised we were whackin em so well but couldn't buy a trout in the winter......must be that the water temp is spread so evenly during the winter that the fish could be anywhere......could just be were there at the right time....not one other boat on the water all night..............i've spent many nights out there and this was one of, if not the best, ever.

Baseball....the other love of my life..........i play in the CDMSBL....Capital District Mens' Senior Baseball League........it is a divsion of the MSBL which is a national organization of old men playing ball.............as you age you'll end up with us!!

I play in the 35 and over and the 45 and over divisions plus i manage my kids regular season and all star little league teams so baseball tends to dominate my life this time of year.....just this past weekend i filled in for a team and played 9 innings in Cooperstown Saturday, 7 innings with my 45 team on Sunday and filled in on Monday for another 7 innings......3 days, 3 games and 23 innings of baseball........tough to say whether i'd rather play ball or fish!!
    Hunter25
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 77
    RE: 1st time fishing in a month.....whomped the rainbows! 2009/07/02 10:52:42 (permalink)
    I hear you! Yeah, I'm feeling the age thing. 35 and still trying to keep up witht the college kids. My wife and I just had our first in December, baby girl. She is awesome, but I still won't give my fishing, hunting and baseball. Gofl, well, that's a different story, I will give a little to keep the things that are most important. I'm sure I'll be coaching and what not soon enough.

So, if your playing in the Men's league, is that the Schenectady league? Did you ever play anywhere else. You look awfully familiar from your profile picture.
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: 1st time fishing in a month.....whomped the rainbows! 2009/07/02 14:45:32 (permalink)
    Nice going with the Trout SOF !
    Jump to: