3 Days on the Hudson...First Striper Trip

Author
Wisdom
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 374
  • Reward points: 0
2009/04/28 10:45:45 (permalink)

3 Days on the Hudson...First Striper Trip

First let me give ReelForce a big THANKS  for being a great host for our 3 days fishing for striper on the Hudson. The first day was pretty much a total bust with equipment failure, no herring, hot weather, strong winds and high swells, but still a day fishing beats most things. The day did however produce my first ever White Perch which was all of about 3 inches (sorry forgot to take a pic...lol). Day two with our equipment problems fixed was a real nice day. Weather was perfect, caught plenty of herring and had a few small runs but no stripers. ReelForce did get a little bored later in the day and caught 7 catfish. I did have a good run but wasn't a striper because the herring was shredded by something with big teeth. Day three started off a little chilly but warmed up fast and was real nice weather until the wind picked up in the afternoon. Caught herring with little effort. I had my first striper on the line. What a rush. Line just screaming off the reel has got to be one of the greatest sounds ever. I had a nice fight going on when the hook let go leaving me slack line and ending my first striper fight . That didn't end the days excitement however, as we were bless with the rare triple snag, getting three lines fouled at once on a submerged tree. It did get better a short time later with ReelForce landing a 11lb 9oz striper. Watching how pumped he got was worth it, after all the problems we had in the beginning of our trip. Thanks again ReelForce, it was a blast, hope to do it again (with a few more fish hopefully...lol).
                Tight Lines Mates, Cheers

P.S. I forgot to add that my Penn Captiva Liver Line that I bought last June and only used a handful of times, kicked the bucket. I called Cabela's and told them. What a great company, told me to return it for a full refund or exchange and they would pay the shipping.
post edited by Wisdom - 2009/04/28 11:00:14

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com

4 Replies Related Threads

REEL FORCE
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: 3 Days on the Hudson...First Striper Trip 2009/04/28 20:07:56 (permalink)
    8 hours Saturday - 13 1/2 Sunday - 8 hours Monday - Wooof sunburned to the crispy factor - a day or two and I'm ready to do it all again - Glad to have ya aboard Wiz ! This time less boat problems and more fish !

post edited by REEL FORCE - 2009/04/29 15:15:52
    ILikePike
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 124
    RE: 3 Days on the Hudson...First Striper Trip 2009/04/29 07:28:50 (permalink)
    Even with all the problems, congrats on the fish.
    Still plenty of time to nail 'em though, and hopefully the boat problems are done with.
    I'm hopin' to get out sunday and get some from shore.
    blitz42
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 258
    RE: 3 Days on the Hudson...First Striper Trip 2009/04/29 22:03:21 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Wisdom

White Perch which was all of about 3 inches (sorry forgot to take a pic...lol).

yup got a bunch of those!

Nice striper REEL! looks like a real good eater,
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: 3 Days on the Hudson...First Striper Trip 2009/04/30 00:34:09 (permalink)
    NICE!!!!!!!!  

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Jump to: