pouching trout?

Author
backin79
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1582
  • Reward points: 0
2009/04/20 17:02:10 (permalink)

pouching trout?

some guy i met out on the res saying to try pouching the oily trout and making a (cold tuna like salad)with the trout.Anybody ever tried this yet?.. i might try it with a bigger fish, the ones I got sunday were 2lbers and shouldn't be too bad for my grilling recipe.. too cuts of butter in cavity sprinkled with lemon pepper garlic salt and dried dill wrapped in heavy duty aluminum foil cooked till the skin can be pulled off (about 15-20 minutes)

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take

2 Replies Related Threads

backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: pouching trout? 2009/04/20 22:21:16 (permalink)
    here's one i might like to try!http://www.dvo.com/recipe_pages/deluxe/Poached_Trout.html

backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: pouching trout? 2009/04/23 07:13:23 (permalink)
    Okay, one last recipe to share.. On sunday I kept two browns about 2 lbs each.. I gutted /cut the heads off tone left in a plastic bag the other I  prepare a simple but most effective easy foil grilling recipe..sprinkled alittle dry dill in cavity along with lemon pepper  and pepper garlic (these dried spice mixtures are in those plastic shakers)..okay two slices of stick butter in cavity..wrap one in heavy duty foil grill with lid closed on medium (approx.350 degrees) for about a half hr.  man oh man it as better than i could have imagined! I do not like fishy trout and this was not at all fishy! i will have to cook this one in the bag today i left in the frig. .. i do not risk a frigged trout for over 4 days.. and i do not like to freeze my trout. cheers

Jump to: