Hunting new fishin holes

Author
Mr.Jigs
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 352
  • Reward points: 0
2009/04/19 13:08:50 (permalink)

Hunting new fishin holes

I love finding new lakes and streams to fish new places new faces, Goin to one in a few minutes White pond in putnam, cp, bass, panfish np and Walleye now bein from the south I aint never caught a walleye but I'm sure lookin forward to it. I heard they where fun to catch and great eatig too. Hope everyone cn get out today and catch some fish.

4 Replies Related Threads

Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 374
    RE: Hunting new fishin holes 2009/04/19 13:41:58 (permalink)
    Walleyes are great eating. Again Saratoga lake is a good spot for eyes. Just a FYI if you didn't know, state wide walleye season is closed until 1st Saturday in May and believe it is the same for White Pond.
     Good Luck out there Mate...Cheers 

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Hunting new fishin holes 2009/04/19 15:29:17 (permalink)
    Nice eye's in the Mohawk River also!!!!! Did well out around lock 11 and 12!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: Hunting new fishin holes 2009/04/19 18:57:09 (permalink)
    Thanks for the info, and yea I did check to see if open season yet just to be safe. Didnt catch any anyway. But now my interest is peeked about this eye, and will have to check out both those  locations. thx for info wisdom, perch. I did catch a mess of gills and one nice yp, so I will have my first fry of the year, can smell them in there cookin now.

HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: Hunting new fishin holes 2009/04/19 20:16:09 (permalink)
    White Pond. Up until a few years ago, I lived not too far from there. It's a nice manageable pond, but with the all the awesome city reseroirs in that area, I rarely went there. Best part about it is that it is the 1st water in that area to freeze over for ice fishing. There have been a few 10lb+ eyes taken out of there throughout the years, but again, all through the ice. You've got tons of skinny pickerel and bass in there. Pike are rare, but in there. Good luck out there. 

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.
    Jump to: