Sad Observation.....I think

Author
KayderossZ
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 110
  • Reward points: 0
2009/04/16 08:36:49 (permalink)

Sad Observation.....I think

The past few days I have been fishing the Kayaderosserars Creek (Kaydeross) pretty heavily.  I have had absolutely no luck, but I have been fishing an area that has not yet been stocked. I am fine with this b/c in the past I have pulled holdover fish out of there early in the season.  However, I have noticed the fishing here progressively deteriorating over the last couple years and I have often wondered why.  Yesterday, I went to a spot that is my "goto" spot; the one where I can always land something.  While scanning the water I notice  hatch starting to come off.  It became a full blown hatch, with thousands of bugs coming off.  Sweet right?  Not exactly.  I sat and watched in amazement for a 1/2 hour, as there was not 1 rise on the water.  No tail swirls, no nothing.  I have never encountered such a thing.  I am saddened now by the notion that this river could be completely put and take. 

My questions are-   Could I be wrong?  Could such a scenario take place if there were trout present?  Has anyone notice the same thing about the 'ross?  I am truly interested in anyone's input.

-Matt

Showing up is 88% of life!

2 Replies Related Threads

Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 374
    RE: Sad Observation.....I think 2009/04/16 11:08:05 (permalink)
    All that I will say is Kayeross that gets some heavy fishing especially from dads with kids who tend to keep what they catch. However, last year (I haven't been out yet this year) a good portion of what we caught were not stockies.

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com
    KayderossZ
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 110
    RE: Sad Observation.....I think 2009/04/16 11:19:39 (permalink)
    Well that's good to hear.  Maybe I am wrong.  Maybe the water is still a little cold and I am getting worse as an angler and not better! (lol)

I keep on scouting and maybe I'll come up with something.

Showing up is 88% of life!
    Jump to: