She's Gone , Nothin's Gonna Bring Her Back

Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
2009/04/14 19:33:02 (permalink)

She's Gone , Nothin's Gonna Bring Her Back

took the day off today to spend some time with her. made her look all pretty & such. I knew once the potential buyers got a look it would be a done deal. deep down I really did not want to see her go but I just could not put her to the proper use . well now She's gone & nothin's gonna bring her back.
                  The last shot today......

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen

6 Replies Related Threads

bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: She's Gone , Nothin's Gonna Bring Her Back 2009/04/14 19:40:20 (permalink)
    But i'm sure in today's economy the extra cash will make you forget about her soon LOL
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: She's Gone , Nothin's Gonna Bring Her Back 2009/04/14 19:53:52 (permalink)
    RJ, hope you made out okay with the sale..My friend is still looking for a 17 ft bass tracker or similiar hull design with about a 40hp.. i mentioned awile ago to him there are plenty of  good deals for new/used boats available online but he wants brand new! lol I'm not going to argue with him anymore. Anyway, look at it like getting rid of a luxary expense. I won't buy a towing boat because I know I won't be using it enough either. I fish mainly in small mt. waters away from motorized boats. My coleman crawdad hasn't been reregistered since 1984! lol i use the yamaha 2hp on rentals and do not need a boaters license! At least that is how it is so far!  I have rowboats on the resi and a kayak and my waders.

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: She's Gone , Nothin's Gonna Bring Her Back 2009/04/14 20:03:55 (permalink)
    Brian, the thing that makes me sad is it was never about the money. I have been on that boat with my dad since day 1. That boat had so many memories. It was bought and paid for so it did not cost me anything. It was just that I don't have the time to put her to use. I'll never forget her.

I have had $$ set aside and am still looking to buy a drift boat, If anyone can help me please let me know.
    I am sure I'll end up just buying another toy with the ranger money.
    Now if only the economy would turn and I could make $10,000 a year guiding I'd be done sucking cement dust.......

backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: She's Gone , Nothin's Gonna Bring Her Back 2009/04/14 20:43:23 (permalink)
    my friend is to meet up on the res saturday. that gives me time to give my flies a chance. Tuna, i will get info from anyone I see looking to sell a driftboat. I do remember seeing two last season along the EB and lower bk so i will take the numbers if they are still there.

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: She's Gone , Nothin's Gonna Bring Her Back 2009/04/14 20:48:40 (permalink)

That would be cool 79.
    My only preference is aluminum not fiberglass.

bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: She's Gone , Nothin's Gonna Bring Her Back 2009/04/14 21:14:43 (permalink)
    Ahhh got ya RJ , so you've had her a long time , nothing can replace the memories !
    Jump to: