Let The Ponds Open

Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
2009/03/28 20:32:00 (permalink)

Let The Ponds Open

won't be long now and it may even be an extra early Ice-Out. Kinda funny when you think that we had such a great ice fishing year. 
Looking at the northern forcast there is nothing below freezing for the next 10 days. Add the highs in the 50's and the rains coming,  yea baby!! They do have a flood watch in effect for the next few days. My official Ice-Out prediction, April-13th in the lower level ADK's (below exit 30.) April 30th above 2,000 feet.
I even checked the Salmon River web cam today and the snow is fading fast along the pulaski area altho there is still a lot of snow left to melt up in the tug hill. Water levels are again on the rise (1900) and with rain on the way , I only hope it won't get out of controll by friday when I head up.
My trout fishing will be then but non great lakes trout fishing , humm.. Ice out. Stream trout, first week in May.
May, busy busy, turkeys, steelhead, stripers , brookies and I promised a pike adventure. Really I wish every month was May.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen

1 Reply Related Threads

backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Let The Ponds Open 2009/03/28 22:59:39 (permalink)
    I usually score some early brookies on small worms and small spoons at the mouths when there is ice around, Hope to show off a bunch of pics this opener.  

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take
    Jump to: