What is "North American Fishing Club"

Author
Smoothy
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 134
  • Reward points: 0
2007/07/14 22:50:08 (permalink)

What is "North American Fishing Club"

I got this deal in the mail for becoming a free member to this organization and getting stuff to try, make a report on it then keep it. What's the take on this deal? Any help on this?

11 Replies Related Threads

pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: What is "North American Fishing Club" 2007/07/15 01:51:03 (permalink)
    They sent me free line, lures and hooks to try.
    All were good items.
    It was a good deal but I forgot to fill out a survey or just lost interest and stoped recieving  free stuff.
    I might do it again.

carpin06
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 498
    RE: What is "North American Fishing Club" 2007/07/16 21:51:59 (permalink)
    Some times they  give you rod's reel's and all kind's of stuff....

not to bad for there mag price..
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: What is "North American Fishing Club" 2007/07/16 23:32:29 (permalink)
    I never bought a magazine, never even remember them selling anything.
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: What is "North American Fishing Club" 2007/07/16 23:37:57 (permalink)
    My 4 yr old loves getting the 4 or 5 stickers every year.  Them and BASS something or other.  Oh, and the hunting one too.  The little notebooks come in handy.
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2396
    RE: What is "North American Fishing Club" 2007/07/17 12:18:35 (permalink)
    Ive noticed with all fishing clubs/magazines they are really cheap compared to some things. I have the lifetime membership and it cost me something like 27.99 when it was on a special my mum got it for my birthday. Ive got hooks bobbers and a vest pack so far to try out. My free gifts were a knife set, a hard back book about north American fishing, and these brand new slip bobbers. then if you send in a picture and detail of your biggest fish you caught an released they put you in a yearly contest. I finished 22nd last year for a steelhead pic and I got 1000yard spool of fireline and a couple plastic lures. they take care of their members. 

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
    -Steve Rinella
    kayak99
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 526
    RE: What is "North American Fishing Club" 2007/07/17 15:27:42 (permalink)
    Smoothy,  To answer your original question, it's a fishing magazine that started its own "club", to promote its own magazine.  The club and the magazine appears together.  Not a bad one, just one more though.
    killdeer19
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 654
    RE: What is "North American Fishing Club" 2007/07/20 09:26:19 (permalink)
    I'm a member of the NAFC as well. Every year they send some hooks or snap swivels. The products I tested were some bug spray, some rubber skirts for jigs and spinner baits, and various types of rubber worms. They've got a ton of resources (that I don't use) and the magazine is pretty interesting. I'd recomend it if you can afford the extra cash for the subscription.
    mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2549
    RE: What is "North American Fishing Club" 2007/07/21 15:49:27 (permalink)
    Smoothy,IMO save your money,the pics in the mag. are ok ,but the articles are pretty generic in m.o. I believe that they just use the memb. just to try to sell you something. as far as thier free gifts go, they are usualy a small pack of hooks or swivels,or a decal.I got a fillet knife off of them that I haven't even been able to cut myself with,it was such poor quality I couldn't sharpen it.as far as field testing, I got some jigs & plastics & a bobber with a brain.what ever you do do not order anything from them or they will hound you forever to try something else. I am now in the proscess of trying to get them off of my back for a coin set that I never ordered or recieved,but they want paid for. I told them that when they send me a copy of my signature that shows that I ordered it ,then I would pay.my opinion,forget the field tester bit& buy 'the IN-FISHERMAN' MAG. instead, it is more informative.   sam
    chauncy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1298
    RE: What is "North American Fishing Club" 2007/07/21 17:17:37 (permalink)
    I totally agree with Mr Crappie. Worst waste of money i've ever spent on a club. I joined back in the late 90's and i've regretted it since they offered me a leather jacket with their name on it for $350. And that was with a member discount. Save your money.
    2Bonthewater
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 651
    RE: What is "North American Fishing Club" 2007/07/26 12:12:38 (permalink)
    I started with the club back in the early 90's ( I think ).......at first it was neat.....articles were pretty good and lots of good information......I was a member for a few years, then went to college and quit the subscription........last year in college they offered the lifetime member thing to me.......I paid about 100 bucks and got a nifty rainsuit.........that was about the year 2000........as of late, I have grown very tiredsome of all the junk they try to sell to you.........the magazine has a ton of "commercial type ads" which was not part of the magazine in the early days........I get my magazine once a month........give a quick look-see and then stash it.........same old same old stuff........it seems the awards program is doing well with lots of pictures of folks with their prize catches.....while in college I won a catch and release category.......a free replica mount........it was a nice gesture, but the replica didn't look much like the trout I had caught.........thats my thoughts on the North American Fishing Club's magazine
    gut
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 28
    RE: What is "North American Fishing Club" 2007/07/27 17:02:03 (permalink)
    I have been a lifer for 8 yrs and 2 trial subscriptions before that and have tested 9 or 10 products over these years and most are $6/12 range but have a $150 pair of glasses, $80 rainsuit(like frog-togs) and an $80 rod/reel combo so far for the $300 life membership.
    They have a GOOD magazine and the websight is similar to this one with fisherfolks from across the U.S. and Canada.
    I do agree that they could cut back on some of the Promo item mailings and contests(drawings) also!
                                                      GUT

GOD bless America!
    Jump to: