Anyone up for Tuna this summer?....now is the time to book!

Author
Ship of Fools
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 250
  • Reward points: 0
2009/03/03 07:22:40 (permalink)

Anyone up for Tuna this summer?....now is the time to book!

I have gone on a 3 day trip on the Helen-H out of Hyannis each of the last 3 years in early September and had outstanding trips each time.........last year we ended up with 84 tuna for about 30 guys...everyone on the boat caught a fish. My group of 4 caught 14 longfin / albacore as well as some mahi.

Two years ago i watched a mahi get hooked trolling and start jumping wildly and then watched as a 400+ pound blue marlin came up, inhaled the mahi and ran out all the line on the reel and stripped it.

We leave the dock Wednesday September 9, go out 100+ miles and fish until Friday morning then head back in and hit the dock Friday around 4PM...we anchor and bait fish at night and troll all afternoon on day 1, all day on day 2 and in the morning on day 3. 

I have a few college buddies that go and it would be cool to get a bunch of people from here.......they take 30+- total and there are still about 15 spots but you need to sign up soon to make sure you get a spot...they take a credit card but don't charge it yet and you can cancel before hand  as long as you give them notice (14 days i think).

You bring your own food, beer etc....the captain and mates are great.

Do it!
post edited by Ship of Fools - 2009/03/03 07:24:25

1 Reply Related Threads

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Anyone up for Tuna this summer?....now is the time to book! 2009/03/03 18:38:54 (permalink)
    sounds great Ship but sorry I'm a land lubber . the only Tuna I get into are Jorma & Jack..   Have a great time on that 3 hour (day) tour...

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Jump to: