Help...The Ice Master II Ice Auger/Power Drill Conversion Kit

Author
Wisdom
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 374
  • Reward points: 0
2009/01/29 12:48:25 (permalink)

Help...The Ice Master II Ice Auger/Power Drill Conversion Kit

Has anyone used The Ice Master II Ice Auger/Power Drill Conversion Kit that turns your hand auger and cordless drill into a power auger? I already have 2 Strikemaster Mora 6 inch ice augers that work great. Problem is I have a bad elbow and the hand auger is killing me but there is no way can I justify spend $300 - $400 for a gas auger or an Icegator to cut the 12 or so holes I need each time I go fishing. I was looking to better use what I already have and figured this was a cheap alternitive if it works.

If you have used The Ice Master II ....What do you think of it? What kind/size drill do you use? How many holes can you drill on a full charge?
                              I appreciate any input...Tight Lines...Cheers
post edited by Wisdom - 2009/01/29 21:07:08

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com

4 Replies Related Threads

backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Help...The Ice Master II Ice Auger/Power Drill Conversion Kit 2009/02/01 21:20:34 (permalink)
    Good question wisdom, down here in a few local state park favorites ,  gas power augers are a no , I have no problems using my 6 in lazer and actually enjoy alittle workout. Perhaps I would opt for that kit if I had a bad elbow/back/etc. but I seriously  can't imagine any  battery drill  even 19volt  with a good torch is going to drill twelve or more 6" through 8" or more thickness of ice. Perhaps a strong torch hammer/drill such as the latest 19volt lithium batteries might give you a run for the money?  I would also try going as small an auger as possible too for any battery drill kit version.I read the latest lithium batteries last longer/longer shelf life too. Today and yesterday was slow perchin.. yesterday was freezing/windy today was a bit wind but I was off the ice by 5pm and did less then sat. pit is kicking butts! az needs to score to make it a good close game!!!
    REEL FORCE
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: Help...The Ice Master II Ice Auger/Power Drill Conversion Kit 2009/02/11 21:52:02 (permalink)
    Dewalt 19 volt drill -8'' auger - L.G. - started fishing 1-2 degrees - 12-14 in ice -fished from around 5:30 am to around 4pm - 2 battery packs - drilled all day long - if weather was warmer I think the batteries would have lasted longer - but I bought the drill second hand so have no idea how the conditions batteries were...
    overall I'll give it a thumbs up ....
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Help...The Ice Master II Ice Auger/Power Drill Conversion Kit 2009/02/11 22:22:06 (permalink)
    Sounds like they do ok.

Was that today Reelforce ?
    Did you catch anything ?
    REEL FORCE
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: Help...The Ice Master II Ice Auger/Power Drill Conversion Kit 2009/02/11 22:40:52 (permalink)
    Saturday "BassinBrain"....
    Jump to: