Pymatuning

Author
Nbobich
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 245
  • Reward points: 0
2007/06/24 19:30:52 (permalink)

Pymatuning

Anyone fish for carp up at pymatuning spillway? I do about 4 times a year I would go up and fish there more its just I can't because I do not have a drivers licences. But in a month or so I will be able to go up there anytime I can't wait! But is anyone caught anything big up at the spill way?

3 Replies Related Threads

carpman07
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 7
    RE: Pymatuning 2007/06/29 14:16:15 (permalink)

pretty much everything is big on the spillway from all that bread lol

pacarper
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 463
    RE: Pymatuning 2007/06/30 11:20:39 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Nbobich

Anyone fish for carp up at pymatuning spillway? I do about 4 times a year I would go up and fish there more its just I can't because I do not have a drivers licences. But in a month or so I will be able to go up there anytime I can't wait! But is anyone caught anything big up at the spill way?

I used to fish for carp there a good bit, near the spillway and other spots and there are PLENTY of carp to be caught, but they are on the smaller side.  There are some pigs (20-30+ lb. carp) in the propagation area above the spillway where no fishing is allowed, but in the main lake it is very rare to catch a carp over 10 lbs., so I don't bother fishing there anymore.  I still take visitors up to feed the carp at the spillway though as I did last weekend.
    There are likely some pigs in the main lake, but just too many smaller carp to get through to get to the big 'uns----I've tried.  I've never caught anything bigger than about 8 lbs. or so on the other side of the road from the spillway, where fishing is allowed (beyond the cable where the spillway bowl outflow flows into the main lake).  It's the lake to fish if ya like carpin' on ultra lights or flyfishing though----ya can have a ball there doing that and catch loads of carp-------100 carp a day is possible if they are are really rippin'.  And even the smaller carp there are bigger than a lot other fish that are normally fished for and give a better fight as well, so if ya enjoy Pymatuning carpin'----have fun, thats the main thing.

If ya ever wanna try for some bigger quality carp than the quantity Pymatuning offers, let me know, because there are some quality carp waters not far from Pymatuning.
    post edited by pacarper - 2007/06/30 11:23:36
    STEALYS4ME
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1443
    RE: Pymatuning 2007/07/01 22:30:59 (permalink)
    The channel cats were hitting hard and fast last week at pyma, found a mess of them in jamestown..
    Jump to: