Author
TJR178
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 40
  • Reward points: 0
2007/06/18 13:00:50 (permalink)

Bay Area Canoe Fishing

Hi All,

Long-time lurker and new poster joining in.  Nice site and some great dialogue going on here!

A buddy of mine and I are planning on doing some fishing from a canoe around the bay and I would like to know where to go.  I'm guessing we'll be doing mostly bass fishing since we'll probably have stay in the shallows due to the small boat, but if you think we can reach other species by this vessel, I would love to know how and where (Miseray Bay, Marina Lake, Lagoons and ponds, etc)!

I would like to do some wading around bay too.  Any good areas to go?

We'll be using baitcasting and spinning gear. 

Thanks a ton everyone!

2 Replies Related Threads

FredT
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 55
    RE: Bay Area Canoe Fishing 2007/06/18 22:18:42 (permalink)
    My grandson and I made our way around the Marina this past weekend (in a canoe) and  did OK. Staying close to the shore anywhere, I had continuous strikes using mostly huge poppers on my fly rod. Lots of fish and lots of misses. Grandson outfished me though using worms and a bobber.  Last week I had good luck right off of the monument on the bay side.  Misery is a little weedy but somewhat ok. If its a calm day try off the monument side out about 300 yards. Oh and the head of the bay produced a few largemouths for me Friday night also on poppers.  One guy fishing off shore  between #1 and #2 parking lot seemed to have good luck there with what looked like an orange rubber worm.
    TJR178
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 40
    RE: Bay Area Canoe Fishing 2007/06/19 08:25:49 (permalink)
    Thanks FredT,

I figured that those two areas would produce some fish.  The weeds are starting to grow some more, so I'm sure there's some good cover for bass.  I'll try those places out and see what we can find. 

I'll have to remember to get a fat bobber and some worms too!

Thanks again and any other help from all of you is greatly appreciated.
    Jump to: